Windshield Wipers Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Wipers Question

I feel like I am being incredibly dense with this, but I was wondering if the windshield wipers on a '89 NA can be positioned to "stick up" like one would do with a newer car when cleaning the windshield or if one is anticipating snow. I recently replaced the front wiper blades and had a more difficult time than I am used to compared to newer cars
    1989 300ZX NA

You would either have to cutback the relief in the stamped steel arm so that it rotates further over the aluminum mounting arm
    or remove material from the aluminum arm to clear the relief in the stamped steel arm, or a bit of both. Note: i have not done this, but thought about it.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

I had to break off some part of the plastic piece that holds the wiper just to install it. I think I recently noticed something in the owner's manual about inserting a pin to keep them off the windshield.

Comment

I was able to elevate the wipers and install them without breaking anything (unless a previous owner already broke something), but I am trying to see if I can get them essentially perpendicular to the windshield.
        1989 300ZX NA

Comment

If one is "anticipating snow" one would be best to leave the z parked until such snow melts.
          Who needs new car's, Nissan had it right 30 years ago!!!

Comment

• Raydiance
            Raydiance commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no intention of driving mine in the snow. I was simply using that as a hypothetical example...
        Working...
        X