Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84' T won't idle and dies when I give it throttle

Hey everyone,
    I'm new here and recently picked up an 84' turbo. I drove the car once and it did just fine, filled it with gas and drove it home. The next day I replaced out the spark plugs and changed the oil. Started the car up after swapping plugs and everything was normal. The next day I went to start the car and it struggled to start, after a lot of cranking the car wanted to putter alive but struggled to hold any rpm. Sounds like it has a massive cam when its trying to run. If I give it any throttle the car just dies. I thought it might be a fuel issue so I replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump but still no luck. I disconnected the MAF, ICV, TPS, and still the same results. Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Any suggestions are helpful thanks!

Video https://youtu.be/6FhtT3VGeYg

Check the spark plug wire connections both at the dizzy and at the plug. Ensure they aren't grounding out as well. You may want to pull the plugs as well and look for any dead cylinders-- check the spark on those. I don't hear any massive vaccum leaks, but that's also something to check.
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolvinm View Post
      Check the spark plug wire connections both at the dizzy and at the plug. Ensure they aren't grounding out as well. You may want to pull the plugs as well and look for any dead cylinders-- check the spark on those. I don't hear any massive vaccum leaks, but that's also something to check.
      Thanks, I'll check into plug wires and double check spark. I couldn't hear any vaccum leaks aswell.

Comment

Working...
      X