Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I accelerate, my air stops blowing cold. Foot off gas pedal it blows cold again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I accelerate, my air stops blowing cold. Foot off gas pedal it blows cold again.

As the title states, when i'm cruising along at a steady speed, my air is just fine, but if I get on it a little, my air stops blowing cold and just blows warm or less cooler air. I have recently replaced some vacuum lines and my air is working fairly well except this issue. I have searched some of the Air Conditioner posts and it's like finding a needle in the haystack if it's not mentioned in the title. This has been going on for some time and I just realized that the lack of cold air is related to the gas pedal. I would appreciate any help from experience. Thanks in advance. Mike

More than likely it is a vacuum issue, practically everything in the HVAC system runs off a vacuum source. Your best bet is to get a vacuum diagram of the HVAC system and start checking line by line.
    1985 300ZX Z31 2+2 VG33ET (running!)

Comment

Turbo or not? I had the same issue and it was a leak between the vacuum pump and plenum. When the turbo raised pressure in the intake, the vacuum for the climate controls was gone.

Comment

Non Turbo, sorry, I forgot to add that So it's a 87 NA auto

Comment

Vacuum system info

http://300zx.tombeauchamp.com/service.shtml#052204

Attached Files
          Last edited by FlyingT; 06-17-2019, 05:43 PM.
          Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
          85 Turbo, original owner, restored
          93 NA Babied

Comment

More vacuum info
            Attached Files
            Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
            85 Turbo, original owner, restored
            93 NA Babied

Comment

Working...
            X