Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been wondering what these 2 devices are and what they do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been wondering what these 2 devices are and what they do.

Like the title says, I've been wondering for awhile what these 2 devices are and what exactly their function/s are. Almost forgot, the car is a Shiro.

The first once pictured is located in the front driver's side tire well, let's call it #1:

This one is located in the front passenger's side tire well, let's call it #2:

I figured this belonged in the noob section, and I tried searching but I don't even know what to search for on these 2 unknown devices. If anyone can shed light on what they are called and their function/s that would be awesome.
    Shiro #93
    Mods: A/C Removal, Custom Lightweight W-series crank pulley, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan, EGR/AIV/CC removal

i think #1 is a vacuum surge tank and #2 is a vacuum pump.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Comment

DeleriousZ wrote: i think #1 is a vacuum surge tank and #2 is a vacuum pump.
      This
      Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
      Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Do you have a Factory Service Manual(FSM)? A "must have" if you're gonna be working on your SS.
        Shiro #443

Comment

Alright just looked in the HA section of the 88 FSM, and found the the vacuum pump :super . So the vacuum pump is related to A/C. I have gotten rid of my A/C, so would that mean that I could also get rid of this too?

Had not found the vacuum surge tank in the FSM yet, idk if it is related to the A/C or not. Anybody removed these devices before? Because if I don't need them then I'll just yank them out and set them aside somewhere.
          Shiro #93
          Mods: A/C Removal, Custom Lightweight W-series crank pulley, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan, EGR/AIV/CC removal

Comment

You don't need either one if you removed the A/C.
            Do you wanna sell me the vacuum surge tank ? I need one since I'm gonna get my A/C working again.
            Shiro #443

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys.

Rick, I would sell you it, but I'm holding on to all my A/C stuff bc I know that one day I'm gonna want to put it back in.
              Shiro #93

Comment

michellin pilot sport a/s tires?

Comment

Careless wrote: michellin pilot sport a/s tires?
                  Lol, no they're Falkens. Not sure on the subname, I'd have to go out and look at them.

Anyways, I was thinking. Since I took out my A/C and don't necessarily need those 2 devices, do the 2 devices affect my Heater any? I don't have A/C but I do want to keep my Heater.
                  Shiro #93

Comment

You still need the vacuum pump if you want to be able to have anything other than heat through the defrost vents.
                    BLOZ UP.com
                    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

BLOZ UP wrote: You still need the vacuum pump if you want to be able to have anything other than heat through the defrost vents.
                      Ok, so you're saying the pump is needed if I wanna be able to use just the vent (non A/C air)? And with or without the pump I can still have heated air?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to get all the info straight. What I want is to still have the regular outside vent air and be able to have heated air.
                      Shiro #93

Comment

The vent switches are vacuum powered, as is the temperature mixture switch.
                        BLOZ UP.com
                        It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

Does anyone know how removing the vacuum pump relay located on the passenger side strut tower near the relay box would affect the use of the heating system?

Comment

Are you pointing at the headlight sensor?
                            BLOZ UP.com

Comment

BLOZ UP wrote: Are you pointing at the headlight sensor?
                              +1
                              - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Comment

Working...
                              X