No announcement yet.

Z31 driveshaft and other driveline compatability information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mind is canadien but i will check for that iam tring to find all part i need to put my auto to manual

Thanks david

edit: bruce ride http://www.z31club.com/z31club/z31club-237.htm

Iam coming back to home this week i will check that

Comment

628sx wrote: Ok.... so to swap a 5 speed into my 84 2+2 turbo. what driveshaft am i looking for? Are the tranny mount/crossmember all the same? Also while im in there, would a lighter weight flywheel be of any advantage?
      cross member worked, got a stock flywheel, but apparently when i said "i needed the drive shaft for an 84 2+2" i actually said "no please give me the 2+0 drive shaft because i love mid tranny swap stress"
      Turbo Rotories... 60% of the time.... they work every time..

Comment

Hi all.
        So, may be answer for this question will upgrade base of knowledge about z driveshafts:

if anyone want to put 30A into 2+2 this dimension, according to calculations, based on data about other Z shafts (see previous post) should be 958mm (or 37.71 in)

and slip yoke splines dimensions are:
        1.284" diameter, 28 based on 30 spline.
        Z31 JDM my way_google translated

Comment

Re: Z31 driveshaft and other driveline compatability informa

i have a similar problem it appears that my u joint is severely damaged to the point of almost breaking, i found one at the junkyard in great shape same year and model, so i picked it up(86naCoupe) the bearing on my old busted one are still good and so is the yolk. was thinking of swapping the yolk/Diff side too and bearing from my busted one to the junkyard driveshaft that has a good u joint. im horrible at explaining thinkgs but ill show some picks in a bit.

spent 30$ so far help me save money so i can keep buying tires :twisted:

Comment

So if it is the same drive shaft why swap anything? Or am I just confused in what you are saying?
            Hmmm, Whats next?
            Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Comment

shromy wrote: So if it is the same drive shaft why swap anything? Or am I just confused in what you are saying?
              yeah i was looking at the driveshaft from the junkyard and it makes no sense to swap the yolk since their both in similar condition.

heres some picks of both, i was mad because i took them to a driveline shop and they told me i had to buy a new one because they couldnt work around the seal. are these driveshaft' completely unworkable? all i really need is new bearings on the junkyard one and i should be good to go.

Comment

heres the other was thinking of painting it.

Comment

Those are OEM staked-in u-joints. It requires machine work to put aftermarket joints in there, and most drive-line shops don't like doing that. They'd rather build you new yokes than machine what's there. Or you can buy aftermarket shafts with serviceable joints.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
                  1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
                  2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

I don't understand the point of using serviceable joints, the non-serv's are stronger, and frankly who is actually going to change them out 10-15yrs from now when those wear out?

Comment

G-E wrote: I don't understand the point of using serviceable joints, the non-serv's are stronger, and frankly who is actually going to change them out 10-15yrs from now when those wear out?
                      Obviously some of us.
                      Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

Comment

so it turns out ilm going to go with what nissan egg said and put serviceable joints. but i was looking around and wouldnt it be better to just buy a new one. i pretty much drift the car here and their and im looking for something that wont break faster than oem, i was quoted 200$ to put in serviceable joint, it felt like too much.

Comment

That price is pretty much on point. Especially with balancing included if so.
                          Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

Comment

ZpassionZ wrote: so it turns out ilm going to go with what nissan egg said and put serviceable joints. but i was looking around and wouldnt it be better to just buy a new one. i pretty much drift the car here and their and im looking for something that wont break faster than oem, i was quoted 200$ to put in serviceable joint, it felt like too much.
                            Skip the serviceable crap and just get a 600hp rated driveshaft

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
                              Originally posted by ZpassionZ
                              so it turns out ilm going to go with what nissan egg said and put serviceable joints. but i was looking around and wouldnt it be better to just buy a new one. i pretty much drift the car here and their and im looking for something that wont break faster than oem, i was quoted 200$ to put in serviceable joint, it felt like too much.Skip the serviceable crap and just get a 600hp rated driveshaft
                              yeah might as well it was kind of going to be my drift project anyways. i might go with aluminum. didnt want to spend this much right now but its within my budget. anything you guys recommend from personal experiance? how many around here have upgraded their driveshaft. i have a welded diff but was planning to get an ok lsd for it too, looking to uprade a few mounts as well.

Comment

dave @ shaftmasters made my driveshaft and RedDemon's driveshaft.

very nice unit, serviceable joints, and pretty damn light!

Comment

Working...
                                X