Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for the correct headliner material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for the correct headliner material?

Need to replace the headliner fabric in my 87, and I'm looking for the correct fuzzy cloth, does anyone know where to get it? I can use the generic nyfoam material, or even go with some alcantara or whatever, but I'd really prefer the correct stuff that matches the sun visors and door panels. Thanks.

What color do you need?

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PR...08i01d/50-2052

Color:
    Black
    Beige
    Blue
    Red
    Silver
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

Comment

Pretty sure that's just generic nyfoam, which is 1/4" foam with nylon adhered to it. Same stuff you find in most North American, and many Japanese vehicles. It's what any trim shop will use for headliner replacement, but it's not the correct fuzzy material that the Z31 came with.

Comment

Yea dont buy that aftermarket crap. They dont look nothing like the origional. Take your window visor into a crafts store and ask them to match it. I think it was called a velvet something. I had to buy the backing pad for foam padding (which was exactly the same as the msa stuff just tons cheaper) to make it work. In all the price was just a few bucks more than the msa kit.
        My Build Thread

Comment

I went to a craft store and got 2yds of black felt, used a medium grade spray adhesive. turned out great! cheap, and easy!
          Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
          Under the cover - THE BANANA... that needs to be re-energized.
          sigpic

Comment

I had experimented with various types of fabric from my local Joann's (fabric store). Ended up using a lightweight faux suede which comes out great. There are other velvetey fabrics which mimic the OEM stuff better but I liked the texture of the suede.

Just realized how gay this post sounds. Gonna go finish my latte now.....

Comment

Thanks for this thread I looking at redoing my 85NA which has the wrong material ...

Comment

Working...
              X