fuel gauge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel gauge ?

hey i was just wondering what might be the problem, i installed a new F.L.S. from courtesy nissan like 3 months ago and now the fuel gauge BIG needle only goes down to half it wont go down past that. the orange shows but the white ones stays on half.

*admins i think i posted this yesterday so if this is a repost sorry, i couldnt find the one from yesterday*
    Stocker 87 na z31 and a slightly modded 90 240sx

http://www.zeeyalater.net/comprob1.htm#tail%20lights

look for the fuel level sending unit cleaning info

Comment

Hmm, I wouldnt think he would have to clean a brand new one after only 3 months though. :?:

Maybe pull it out and see if it is maybe hanging up at about half tank for some reason. or see if it is all the way down when empty and still reading 1/2 for some reason.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

1st rule of working on cars... NEW does NOT imply GOOD.

Second thing.. how many miles have you used per tank? you should have two trip meters.. I use one for oil changes and the other for gas mileage.

how many gal's is it taking when you fill it up?

In all of my z31's, it'll run down to half-tank very quickly, then slowly go down the rest of the way.

In my first one, I thought that the second half of the digi was broken, until one day I finally ran it down enough to get the second gauge to pop on and tell me I had 5 gal's left.

gah, I miss that car.
        vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
        2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Is it at all possible you installed the sending unit out of the wrong car (digi vs. analog)?

Did you check the PN?

Comment

grahfz wrote: 1st rule of working on cars... NEW does NOT imply GOOD.

In all of my z31's, it'll run down to half-tank very quickly, then slowly go down the rest of the way.
            Especially when dealing with electrical/electronic parts there is a decent chance that you just got a lemon sensor.

grahfz- that is interesting on the top half going quicker. My 84 was absolutely opposite and the 85 seems to be the same, although it is digi and I only drove it through about 5 thanks before it went under the knife today to pull the engine, it also seemed to be slow on the top half and quicker on the bottom half. :?
            Just stand back and throw money.
            Performance costs money.
            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

you know, I may be backwards here too.. Now that I think about it, it's my grand prix. 200m on first half, 100 on the bottom.
              vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
              2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Working...
              X