clutch hard line

• clutch hard line

Courtesy shows this part in NLA. The one from my parts car isnt in reuseable condition. Not too sure what other options I have here so seeing what you guys have done. I know the option of a tubing bender and such, but having never made brake lines has me a little weary.

Don't let it intimidate you, it's not brain surgery. Buy a tubing bender and some cheap tubing and practice. Its a short learning curve. Same goes for flarings. Compression fittings work also.

Just do it!

86na
    88T

You could give one of these a try. Not a bad option for the price. I know the damper removal line for the 240SX works fine, no reason to think this wouldn't. I believe the clutch master and slave are in relatively the same position in both cars. http://www.enjukuracing.com/products…89%252d98.html
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

I ordered the damper removal setup similar to the line jaqattack has posted about. Mine did not come from that particular link, but is in essence the same product. Installed the slave end of the line, bolts the slave up, ran line to CMC and tightened it down. No leaks, pretty quick bleed process, and more than enough line to reach from CMC to slave. If it were a bit longer however, one could easily route this to look practically stock as it does fall short for that aspect. However, with simply running from each component and tucking the remaining back, no problem should occur as its not close to touching the exhaust or any component that may damage it. Good looking out jaqattack.

You can use any 40" Z32 SS clutch line which extends from MC to SC. One my 87NA2T/AT2M that is what I used with perfect result. On my 86T I found a very nice OE hardline locally that I used the 240SX clutch line with. So in both cases the damper is deleted.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Originally posted by drb5721
    I ordered the damper removal setup similar to the line jaqattack has posted about. Mine did not come from that particular link, but is in essence the same product. Installed the slave end of the line, bolts the slave up, ran line to CMC and tightened it down. No leaks, pretty quick bleed process, and more than enough line to reach from CMC to slave. If it were a bit longer however, one could easily route this to look practically stock as it does fall short for that aspect. However, with simply running from each component and tucking the remaining back, no problem should occur as its not close to touching the exhaust or any component that may damage it. Good looking out jaqattack.
    What I posted wasn't intended as a "damper delete". That is a full clutch line intended for someone doing an Auto to Manual swap who can't get their hands on a stock hard line to run from master to slave. The line you need to do a damper delete is maybe a foot long. This is what I used to do the damper delete. http://www.enjukuracing.com/products…89%252d98.html
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

I used the 240SX clutch line as a hardline replacement and damper bypass all in one. It goes straight from the master to the operating cylinder. Works great.
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

As Parker has said, this is how I used mine. It is a damper delete if thats how you route it. Fits good and looks good.

Lots of repetitive info here. 240SX, Z32…it's the same thing. 40 inch line to replace hardline all the way to slave cylinder or use regular 240SX clutch line to work with hardline but delete damper. Repetition are welcomed!
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Originally posted by augustus maximus
    you can use any 40" z32 ss clutch line which extends from mc to sc.
    ^this!

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily