New problem, can't engage gears while running…

• New problem, can't engage gears while running…

So pulling the car out of hibernation wasn't so bad, I still have a vac leak somewhere and it won't idle, but that's not the problem…

If I get the car started out of gear, even clutch in all the way, it locks me out of all the gears, yet I can start in gear with the clutch in?

I ended up moving the car to a new parking spot feathering the gas and clutch, so my immediate needs are taken care of, any ideas?

Clutch not disengaging all the way. See if the fluid in the reservoir is black (bad seal) or low. Check the fluid level in the transmission as well.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

Hmm that is possible… I'll check fluid and adjust the pedal

I'm voting for either a bad clutch master cylinder or bad clutch slave cylinder, maybe a rubber hose.

Pretty much covers everything.
    Life's short
    Go fast
    Have a blast
    Leave a good looking corpse

When I bought my Z, this is the reason the previous owner stopped driving it. He couldn't get it in gear while running, but it was just a bad clutch master cyl.

When it's in first gear start it and get on a level surface and try and see if the car wants to pull forward with the clutch fully disengaged (pedal pushed). That made it pretty obvious for me. Wore out the throwout bearing VERY fast though, so if that is the problem be careful limping it around unless you feel like dropping the trans any time soon.

Something could also be wrong with your pilot bushing/input shaft.
    sigpic

Fluid in the master is at full level, pedal doesn't fall to the floor, and pushed all the way the car didn't move on it's own… gonna get back to it today, see about adjusting the rod…

Need to check tps too while I'm at it…

Have someone crawl underneath then push the clutch and see if you can verify movement at the slave cylinder.

Give it a quick bleed as well.

Well I got it adjusted, but it started pouring rain… I'll have to see about borrowing someone tomorrow :\

I'm voting for pilot bushing dragging the input shaft.
    5.3 LSx Z31