No announcement yet.

Jatco 3N71B/4N71B (automatic trans) buildup information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempast;n761989 wrote: You can use a manual ECU only with a manual trans, and an auto ECU with auto and manual.
    Not true, your clutch/park lockout switch aside, the only thing you need for the auto ecu is the auto tps with the extra potentiometer output

Comment

But would i need an auto engine and body harness for an auto too?

Comment

G-E;n762101 wrote:
        Not true, your clutch/park lockout switch aside, the only thing you need for the auto ecu is the auto tps with the extra potentiometer output
        From my understanding the manual ECU needs to be swapped out if going from a 5 speed to an auto. I could be wrong, but I've read this from multiple places.
        1986 300ZX factory Turbo 2+2 5 speed swap. 1985 Toyota MR2. Floor boards gone. Good fabrication practice.

Comment

I said for the auto ecu to run the car... yes you need an auto ecu to run an auto trans

Comment

Just going to bump this mangled thread up because I may be going to get the auto out of the '87 turbo souped up. Depends on the minor detail of if it can be fitted behind a LS3 which has yet to be worked out.

Comment

Might add that the people I'm in contact with build these auto's to handle 450hp so they should be fine for 99% of VG30/33ET's. These trans are way lighter than any alternatives which is why I'm considering using one, not cheap though.

Comment

For any later readers, it looks like I won't be using this auto so nothing more from me. Unless I change my mind lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo_021 View Post
                  1-2 shift made 1 hole bigger to 9/64,but it was shit all.I shimmed the pressure regulator .125 and pinned the pressure modifier shut.Also driller a 1/8 hole for the 2-3 shift in the plate and thats about it.Reading the instructions,is there any hole sposed to be drilled in the bodys either side of the separator?I also have to get a turbo modulator before i go ripping it out again...hard to come by,those things.
                  some helpful pictures on the subject for anyone who might be curious about this old thread.

my link broke. thanks to dbruce for posting images of the same shift improvements below
                  Last edited by prax; 04-04-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• dbruce
                    dbruce commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would add that the only problem I've had with the Level Ten Trans on my turbo is the TCU AutoECU . the shift points are programmed in ... there was a norway guy who wanted to modify it for a high HP z31 but I never heard much of it

http://www.mygen.com/users/dbruce/my...on_Install.htm

• Dunkine
                    Dunkine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice, wonder if the trans still has to warm up before it will go into overdrive/lockup.
                Working...
                X