Nissan Quest Alternator Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Quest Alternator Swap

Hi their everyone, so i grabbed a Nissan Quest electric fan and a Quest alternator from the junk yard. I was wondering if anyone has swapped a Quest alternator in a z31 or if their would be any fitment issues or something. I just want to know if someone has tried and figured it doesn't work so i don't go about pulley belts and such, i would just take a stab at it my self but i don't have much time due to working so many hours. I have a vg33 in my vg33 so the pulley would line right up plus i found that these Quest alternators put out 120-130 amps much more then the Maximas 90amps...

Originally posted by soysauce300zx View Post
    Hi their everyone, so i grabbed a Nissan Quest electric fan and a Quest alternator from the junk yard. I was wondering if anyone has swapped a Quest alternator in a z31 or if their would be any fitment issues or something. I just want to know if someone has tried and figured it doesn't work so i don't go about pulley belts and such, i would just take a stab at it my self but i don't have much time due to working so many hours. I have a vg33 in my vg33 so the pulley would line right up plus i found that these Quest alternators put out 120-130 amps much more then the Maximas 90amps...
    Just saw that the (LR1125-702B) Maxima alternators have 125 amp so i take that back.

Comment

Since I discovered the Nissan Titan alternator swap, most everyone goes that route.

Comment

Originally posted by soysauce300zx View Post
        I have a vg33 in my vg33.

yo dawg, i heard you like vg33's so here's some really shitty pics

125ampBRO.jpg

gotta grind this back a bit

mount1.jpg

rough out the bracket while test fitting

bracket1.jpg

bracket2.jpg

all the connectors are the same and should directly plug in.

Comment

Alternator Belt Loop.jpg Here's my Titan alternator swap/upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X