Problem with climate control on 87 300zx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with climate control on 87 300zx

I'm still working through the Gremlins on my 87 300 ZX that I recently purchased. I cannot seem to get the climate control module to activate. It will not turn on. Anybody have any idea what I need to investigate in solving this problem. The fuses are all OK and all the relays on the pass side inside fender appear all good. I also changed out one of the relays that appeared bad with a good one from my part car. HELP NEEDED !!

Do you have a digital or analog system? The cures are very different as the HVAC systems are completely different. Reply back and then we can help you figure out.

Comment

The dash is analog; Should the climate control unit be analog also?

Comment

Yes so that is a completely different climate control system than digital dash, more manual and fewer gremlins. I am not as familar with analog but if the fan isn't coming on I would troubleshoot that first before going after the rest of the system.

Comment

I can push the little override button on the climate control unit and it will activate the fan and heat through the vents on the windshield.

Comment

The analog climate control is still electronically controlled, it just doesn't have a LCD display. It is subject to electrical gremlins the same as the digital unit.
            If the manual override works, then I would first attempt the easiest solution: Try another manual climate control. Especially if yours is unresponsive.

The FSM also has a troubleshooting process in section HA-34 that could be valuable to you.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

I didn't know that it was still electronically controlled I guess that makes sense given that the guts of the car would be the same behind the dash. Jerry you should order a new one from Steve at z31partsforyou.com and see if that solves your problem.

Comment

• jerryparks
                jerryparks commented
                Editing a comment
                FIxed !! I tOOK UNIT OUT OF PART CAR I HAD. Now works good. Thanks for the comments.
            Working...
            X