Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

z

Comment

send it to me & lemme post it on carfish then... ?

Comment

z

Comment

My Car and engine

I am running a turbo L28 application (3.0 Liter) bored and stroked with custom length crower rods.
          I broke the ring lands on 5 pistons in the process of figuring out there was an issue with the ECU. I think the majority of the damage happened on the dyno. But who knows. 3400.00 for that repair and the head refresh.
          I have a web page of my car at
          http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt

I have been working on the car for some time now and this fuel management with the Nissan box has taken a good amount of time and it is still not completed. I spoke to Clark at JWT and he is about to test a circuit to overcome the sluggish injector response. That really is the problem, the injectors dont respond to the dual pulse very well at all. I tried MSD, and BOSCH part with much the same results.
          So at this point it is up to Clark to come up with a solution, and if I cant go with the Nissan box well then I am ready to install a new management system.
          I built this last upgrade to get me to 600hp @ the crank, and I almost made that number on the last dyno, 489Hp @ the wheel. and it was pig rich in the process, well after it got past the lean spot that is.
          The M30 box still just may be a solution, we will see what Clark comes up with.
          The car has been a PITA putting it nicely, the first test, the drive gear spun on the distributor shaft, and the engine was toasted for the most part, I just hadn't figured it out yet, it still ran good. The second test got me more power but the lean spot is still there, and the VQ map looks like it got pregnant for a few blocks on the top end of the scale.
          So if I can get the fueling worked out, then I can go on to the timing table and get that going a little better as well, right now I have the timing retarded to keep some margin of safety. I qam having to resist the impulse to drive the car until I get this sorted. The power is there, no question about that, getting the ECU to do what the engine application requires is the question.

Comment

Working...
          X