Refresh

This website z31performance.com/forum/z31-performance-upgrade-forums/engine-management/1257-nissan-ecus-from-1975-to-1989-pics is currently offline. Cloudflare's Always Online™ shows a snapshot of this web page from the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine. To check for the live version, click Refresh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nissan ECUs from 1975 to 1989 (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan ECUs from 1975 to 1989 (pics)

All of the ECUs lined up here. That's my old 1976 N/A California ECU in the upper left corner, my 1981 Turbo Federal ECU next to that, my 1984 Turbo Federal ECU on the bottom left, and Jason's socketed 1988 N/A ECU on the right.

All the ECUs lined up. From 1976 to 1988.
    [/b]
    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
    "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Oh and BTW, the 1976 ECU doesn't control the spark.

The 280Z did feature "fully transistorized ignition", which was in a seperate control box on the passenger side of the interior.
    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues

Comment

ECU Evolution :P
      " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
      LaterZ

Comment

Look how many more resistors are in the new ones

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Look how many more resistors are in the new ones
          I have to wonder how the '76 one even works. It looks so dumb and basic.

Supposedly, someone tried to pull the tune off of one of those '81 ECUs, but I don't know of anyone doing it successfully.
          1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo

Comment

Wow, that is really cool to see how the hardware changed over the period where EFI made the largest leaps in its childhood. I would really like to see how operation was refined (besides the obvious old AFM vs newer MAF). Now you just need a couple Z32 ECU's and a Z33 PCM to round out the collection :-D

280Z Turbo wrote: Oh and BTW, the 1976 ECU doesn't control the spark.

The 280Z did feature "fully transistorized ignition", which was in a seperate control box on the passenger side of the interior.

Wow, I didn't know that. Talk about the early days of electronic fuel
            injection!

Comment

Working...
            X