Fuel injector kweshjun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injector kweshjun

I have an 87T that is a 5 speed and has yellow injectors. The connections on them do not have a tooth or slot on the inside. The wire connections are simply rectangular.

I have a second 87T that is an automatic and has yellow injectors. I have taken out the Auto motor and mated it with the 5 speed tranny and put it into the manual car. Now I go to hook up the injector connections and there is a tooth or slot on the injectors to make sure they are installed correctly.

What is the difference between the injectors?

I guess I have to change the injectors...........

If they are matching is style, as in both side feed or both top feed just splice in the connectors.

87 was a funny year, we're going to need some pics of each style injector.

Comment

An easy step is to measure and compare the impedances if you have a multimeter. If they don't match, you may have to swap them, depending on the ecu you have. If they do match, it doesn't tell you anything definitive, but at least they shouldn't hurt the ecu. If both cars were running fine before, the flow rates should be appropriate on both.

Comment

I'm just going to swap the rails and injectors.

Comment

If you swap in the incorrect injectors you can fry the drivers in the ECU.

Comment

The injectors I put on the motor are the injectors that I had on the bad motor that I took out of the car.

what I did:

took bad motor out of car A.
            took good motor out of car B.
            Put injectors from bad motor out of car A onto the good motor from car B.
            put the good motor into car A.

So now the connections in car A fit the injectors that were originally in the car.

Should be good.

Comment

Agreed, believe you should be good as long as you run the same ECU that was in car A
              Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

Comment

If they were original they should match the ECU. It'd be a good time to have them cleaned since they're off the car.

Comment

Working...
                X