Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Halp Needed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-6-42lbs-...9X4ijV&vxp=mtr

So my question is in regards to these injectors. I'm trying to find after market injectors for the Z and I understand you can interchange them from some vehicles but I ran across this. I wanted confirmation from more knowledgeable Z heads. They look really similar to the 89-91 RX7 injectors that fit these VG motors. If any other info is needed, please ask me. Thanks for any of the help you provide.

if they are 11mm oring style you can cram them into the stock line. not ideal, but it does work. if they are 14mm then you are out of luck. resistance value is important as well (high or low ohm) depending on the ecu you are using. you really need to provide the year ecu you are using or info on aftermarket ecu etc. also they cannot be used with a "stock" ecu, nistune etc is needed.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Comment

I'll be getting a MS2 or MS3 later. Planning on something a swp for the Z in the future and the ECU will be a big investment lol. This will be on an 87t motor and going into an 86na

Comment

so you are planning to NOT use the stock ecu to get this running correct
        Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

Comment

Very correct. but these are 14mm o-ring so I'm screwed lol. I'm gunna keep searching but thank you for the info. Probably gunna post one's that'll work when I find them.

Comment

Another quick question. 11mm on both the top and bottom or just bottom?

Comment

those could be used with fuel rails btw. do some searching here.
              Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

Comment

So to make these work he would need a pallnet fuel rail

and machining of the LIM to for the larger 14mm o-ring clearance as shown here

https://z31performance.com/forum/z31...uel-rail-build

I know he's on mobile and searching this site kinda sucks on mobile.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

I know about the custom fuel rails. but sense I need to find a 11mm top, I just found one... the other difference from the previous set is these are 850cc and $189.99 lol. meant for the RB series and 7mg motors. these are the stats and a picture.
                  Coil Resistance: 12.5 Ohms/High Impedance
                  Static Flow Rate: 850cc/min @ 43.5psi (300KPa)
                  Gain: 0.12ms/MG
                  Offset: 0.055ms
                  Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms
                  Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 300KPa
                  Amperage:1.0 Amps
                  Pressure: Min 30PSIG / Max 100PSIG
                  Length: 3" (76mm)
                  Top O-Ring DIameter: 11mm

Comment

And some 550cc with all the same stats and 11mm top o-ring which is probably what I'll go with.

Comment

Those cheap eBay injectors are crap and you will get what you pay for. I have a set of 850cc like those. I am throwing them out for a set of 1000cc Black ops Five0motor sport injectors that I gladly paid $675 after fighting ridiculous idle and difficult to tune. No such problem with the real RX7 injectors in my other Nistuned Z31. Goodluck
                      Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
                      if it fails, fuck it.
                      at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

I got my rx7 injectors for like 25 bux a piece on ebay, then sent them to injector-rehab for cleaning and flow match. All told pretty cheap way to go.
                        Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

Comment

Working...
                        X