No announcement yet.

88 and 87 ecu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check pressure at the fpr. I had one go out, and the car would not start with no fuel to injectors.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

You said the shop didn't mark the placement of the distributor? Have you tried rotating or setting it near where it should be? Also, what kind of compression do the cylinders have?
      Attached Files
      Originally posted by Andrew84zx
      tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
      545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

How can i check the compression if the engine is not started ???

Like 1 month before i took the engine out i think they where like 120 all across to board or some thing like that i can exactly remeber...

and if this ecu doesnt fix the problem ill put on another fpr also...

But all these parts worked before the engine was dropped out of both the cars...

Comment

120 is low....

and as long as it turns and the starter itself works you can check it again

Comment

have you made sure all your engine grounds are connected and clean?

if the grounds on the injectors (for instance) aren't hooked up good enough they won't fire. i would go through and check your grounds.

Comment

I dont think the injectors have grounds ?? Any pictures?

When i put the injectors the other injector's in i dident bolt down the fuel rails , would that be a ground?

Comment

there are ground connections that hook up to the intake plenuim. they go on with a 10mm bolt usually.

i'm at school and don't have any pictures handy.

Comment

OMG.... :roll: you`re killing me with all this.

check timing, check correct dist position, put down the beer and go back to square one. you can check spark and injector pulse by pulling the dist and spinning it with the key on. you will hear the injectors click and the coil click. pull a plug and/or injector to make sure something is happening. (spark/fuel), clamp down the injectors, check the fusable links. realise that there isn`t 2 o2 sensors on an 88 turbo, expecially on the lower intake.

i recommend you go to a book store and get a book on how fuel injected cars work because it really seems like you don`t have a grasp of the basics.

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
                  good thing....

Comment

I dont have a 88 turbo 300zx ... I have a 1988 n/a VG30 maxima engine...

Any ways ive done all that stuff.

im cool now

sorry guye i found the issue all it was was the injector ground.....

weeks of trying to find out what is the problem finally i got it... I had it ground on the timming cover.....

Now since i can start it i have to fix this issue it has with not staying started unless you have the throttle chamber open..

Comment

nevermind i was using the auto throttle cable bracket , Fixed!!!

Thanks guys once i have it on the road ill post some vids

Comment

Working...
                      X