Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]2+2turbo wrote:
    Originally posted by 84z31
    can you even rebuild a BB center section. i've heard if they die your have to get a whole new center section.
    i heard you actually can ...

and SATAN if you read the article it explains how it has the ceramic bb (only on one side i think) and all of theother fancy shit like inconel turbine wheel and that F1 compressor wheel ,and that cool looking compressor housing thats powdercoated and shit . all in all they had to step it up to justify the price . i like them . and right now theyre probably the best setup turbos around ... can you justify one for your car? thats up to you and your power goals ...
    They are nothing advanced and they are over priced. Who pays that much for a half BB turbo and half journal bearing turbo? Guess we'll find out huh?

As far as the ceramic bearings go, thats old school. They have been using that set up for years now. So what are they really offering over garrett? Some fancey holes in the turbo inlet? Garret has the same thing just a different design. The "F1" compressor wheel which isnt that much better than garretts GT wheels if its better at all.

Basically I guess you are paying to be a guinee pig. OH and paying for some fancey paint on the compressor housing. :roll:

I'll stick to the Pro's. Funny how anything Turbonetics has made in there exsistence has allways been allmost an exact copy of garretts design. They even called them the same things! Up until now they have had nothing different, now they are taking the chance to see if they can produce somthing better. Good luck Turbonetics.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I would like to run accross some more info on that Borg warner turbo though. What is all of this "extended fin" stuff about?

EDIT: Hmm just got done reading some stuff about them. The extended fin thing is just that. It is basically making a larger exducer on the compressor wheel, but just the tips of the blades. Not the whole wheel itself. Interesting.

Also, you can get the t3 or t4 housing that comes with both bolt patterns the svo 5 bolt or the 4 bolt. Pretty cool stuff.

Here's where I read up on it. http://www.bullseyepower.com/

Comment

I have heard nothing about the GTKs since my post about them right after the SEMA show, I even E-mailed the rep for more info and to see if any of thier sponsored cars will be running them next season and Ive heard nothing back.

As far as the Extended tip compressor Design on the BW Turbos its supposed to maximize flow while minimizing rotating weight and inertia.
        2005 whore magnet

Comment

SteveZ31 wrote: I have heard nothing about the GTKs since my post about them right after the SEMA show, I even E-mailed the rep for more info and to see if any of thier sponsored cars will be running them next season and Ive heard nothing back.

As far as the Extended tip compressor Design on the BW Turbos its supposed to maximize flow while minimizing rotating weight and inertia.
          Right. Check out that link I put up. Pretty cool stuff.

About the GTK turbos... well I guess thats what you can expect from turbonetics :lol:
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X