Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What turbo would you buy for 700hp if money was no issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What turbo would you buy for 700hp if money was no issue...

Whaddup ya'll,

It's almost time to find a turbo for my VG34ET project. I'm well versed and experienced with Turbos in general but not as much as some here.

My goal is 700HP, what would you buy and from where if you where willing to spend the bucks??
    Ucked Fup!!!

what about two?

Comment

G-E wrote: what about two?
      Hey G-E, good to rad yaz. I'm not worried about lag with 3.4L, it'll be minimal.

The engine I build for my 240Z will be a twin turbo 2JZ.

I'm talking crank HP too...
      Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

atpturbo.com and id get the gt40z turbo
        87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

Precision turbo 74mm

good for 900whp.

For a street car, a T67 DBB will make 700whp at 30+psi if you have the heads to flow it.
          86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

If you don't use a sweet variable geometry turbo with a ball bearing center section, then you arent spending enough money getting a really neat turbo.

Comment

nutsaq wrote: If you don't use a sweet variable geometry turbo with a ball bearing center section, then you arent spending enough money getting a really neat turbo.
              Shouldn't you be drinking or drawing something that will never be used?
              http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

StreetFighter wrote:
                For a street car, a T67 DBB will make 700whp at 30+psi if you have the heads to flow it.
                Definately this one. It's what I'm looking at, only I can't afford the mad tyte BB.
                1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

The man's got a point. With an unlimited budget I'd turn my checkbook toward the variable vane idea. It seams to be the future of turbochargers, but it wouldn't be much fun trying to make it work. If Porsche can do it, why not? Can you even buy a variable vane turbo that is anything near correctly sized for these engines?

But in all reality it's a hopeless endeavor unless you have a Ferrari-sized budget.
                  My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                  My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                  207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

garrett gt4088r with a 1.06 a/r turbine housing = about 2000.00

or that TO4z with a 1.00 a/r =around 1600.00

precision turbo? i don't know the price...

turbonetics GT-k 850.... price???

Comment

At my jobsite I have to drive International school buses, and these are equipped with Variable Geometry turbos. Lots of boost all across the tach.

Money growing on trees? VG turbo in my car!

Comment

The new T04Z would be a fairly good choice for that kind of power goal.

Comment

arkansasturbo wrote: At my jobsite I have to drive International school buses, and these are equipped with Variable Geometry turbos. Lots of boost all across the tach.

Money growing on trees? VG turbo in my car!
                          ^^^ I agree with this
                          if money werent an issue, I'd get a huge T5 size variable geometry turbo and figure out which wires do what.
                          You'll have no lag my friend! I almost bought one once but I had no idea of it's flow ratings and had no idea how to use it and hook it up. It was brand new and went for a few hundered on ebay.

Other than that, get an HX50. It has a T5 flange and is good for 1000HP.
                          http://www.vgpowered.com
                          Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

VG36ET wrote: Hey G-E, good to rad yaz.
                            Is this kid serious.

Comment

[quote]JustinCase wrote:
                              Originally posted by VG36ET
                              Hey G-E, good to rad yaz.
                              Is this kid serious.
                              Aren't you the same dude that was making the fast and the furious refferences to me some months ago? I dunno what your problem is but I honestly don't give a fuk.

The new turbonetics turbos sound badass but they still have to be preordered.
                              Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X