Thermostat fan switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat fan switch

Where is the best place to mount/install the thermo switch that comes with thermostat fan relay switches?

Block,lower intake manifold,before the radiator,after the radiator?
    Shiro #443

I've had the best results in the radiator fins right where the inlet is.
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: I've had the best results in the radiator fins right where the inlet is.
      in fact the instructions say that's the place it should be, i have mine there and it works well.
      1987 300zx, VG33, Manual, Megasquirt, 450cc, T04,Tial 44mm External WG, ebay IC, crushed dsm blowoff, Apexi AVC-R at 15psi, efan, 3" exhaust with dynomax muffler, LSD.

Comment

[quote]Coso[rck wrote: ]
        Originally posted by craZed
        I've had the best results in the radiator fins right where the inlet is.
        in fact the instructions say that's the place it should be, i have mine there and it works well.
        Yes, and make sure that it is set right, so keep an eye on your temp gauge. I set mine with a pyrometer.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

The thread "Fan Install" in the repairs section has this question asked in it. The consensus was that the best spot was in the radiator fins, right by the inlet (the top of a stock z31 radiator).
          "produce first.talk second."

Comment

Why not use the intake manifold? That is were the temp gauge sending unit is. Plus there is another npt hole there

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Why not use the intake manifold? That is were the temp gauge sending unit is. Plus there is another npt hole there
              :shock: now there is a novel idea. I absolutely agree if you have a unit that has the needed fitting.

Mike_GruiZinga wrote:
              The consensus was that the best spot was in the radiator fins, right by the inlet (the top of a stock z31 radiator).
              "consensus"....right or wrong...."popular opinion" doesn't always mean it is the "best" option.

with many temp control sensors there is plenty of line to route the sensor into the upper coolant lines so the sensor is directly exposed to the radiator intake coolant. This is absolutely the most accurate method of measuring coolant temp along with the intake manifold fitting which puts the sensor into the coolant flow as well.

Food for thought....
              Just stand back and throw money.
              Performance costs money.
              Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I put mine right above the radiator on the support beam where the hood latches do to.
                Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                1986 300zx Turbo
                2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

Working...
                X