No announcement yet.

turbo upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alexz31t wrote: What would your suggestion be SATAN? Stock or custom exhaust

I wouldn't try to flow 350whp out of stock exhaust! Thats just asking for trouble. I wouldnt try it with anything less
    than2.75" turbo back. But prefferably 3" TB
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

sorry let me rephrase that, stock (7 bolt) or custom (5 bolt or other) downpipe, 3'' all the way back

Comment

SATAN wrote: I am suggesting this turbine size and housing size is because of the small target horspower. Normally I say go bigger.what compressor and exhaust hosing sizes and wheels would you recommend for 400+ hp?

F3600 wrote:
        It has a T3 flange so it bolt up to the manifold. The Hotside is 7 bolt and fit the Stock Elbow (where the 02 sensor is). Its a T3 turbine wheel, T3 shaft and a T4 compressor wheel & housing. I think..
        what was the name of this turbo and description?

Comment

[quote]TurboZkid wrote:
          Originally posted by SATAN
          I am suggesting this turbine size and housing size is because of the small target horspower. Normally I say go bigger.what compressor and exhaust hosing sizes and wheels would you recommend for 400+ hp?

F3600 wrote:
          Originally posted by SATAN
          It has a T3 flange so it bolt up to the manifold. The Hotside is 7 bolt and fit the Stock Elbow (where the 02 sensor is). Its a T3 turbine wheel, T3 shaft and a T4 compressor wheel & housing. I think..
          what was the name of this turbo and description?
          400 plus is kinda vauge. I would say that a O or P trim with an a/r of .82 is good for a high flowing street car. As far as the compressor goes, 400+ is still vauge. there are a number of compressors for a number of different HP ranges.

Comment

well since were doing turbo suggestion requests to satan. give me some good choices for mt det build. going for 650+ to the wheels the block was bored to 87.5 i think the pistons were 8.5 or 9:1 if i remember correctly.well wiseco off the shelf pistons for a dett. runing eagle rods and lightened crank.ported heads and lower intake manifold,more than lkely custom upper and 750cc injectors.i was tossing arround the idea of having the exh manifolds extrude honed too.i havent gotten the intercooler yet i was going to get that after the turbo.
            live fast,drive hard,and enjoy the ride!

Comment

[quote]TurboZkid wrote:
              Originally posted by F3600
              I bought my turbo from there. Just ask for the 7 bolt nissan style exhaust housing.
              wait let me get this straight... you ordered a turbo from that web site and asked for a 7 bolt nissan stly exhaust housing and they gave you a turbo that bolted directly on to the stock o2 elbow? no i was almost possitive that nob ody had the 7 bolt nissan style....
              I bought my turbo from Innovative Turbo. T3/T40E. Had the 7 bolt. No modification to bolt it on. I had to fabricate a new bracket to get my stock actuator to attach the monster though. Minor work.
              378whp 445wtq
              http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

[quote]mark86t wrote: [quote=TurboZkid]
                Originally posted by F3600
                I bought my turbo from there. Just ask for the 7 bolt nissan style exhaust housing.
                wait let me get this straight... you ordered a turbo from that web site and asked for a 7 bolt nissan stly exhaust housing and they gave you a turbo that bolted directly on to the stock o2 elbow? no i was almost possitive that nob ody had the 7 bolt nissan style....I bought my turbo from Innovative Turbo. T3/T40E. Had the 7 bolt. No modification to bolt it on. I had to fabricate a new bracket to get my stock actuator to attach the monster though. Minor work.
                Can you get us a picture of your turbine housing? I've had yet to see a 7 bolt nissan-style housing that was designed for a turbine larger than a regular T3.

Comment

I used to have pictures of my turbo when I first bought it & after I had the exhaust side coated with Swain Tech. coating. But the host I used back then disappeared without any notice & I lost all those pictures. I have no plans for removing my turbo anytime soon. When/if I remove my turbo (someday) I'll be sure to take picts. Sorry.

BTW, Innovative turbo had to source me the 7 bolt side as they originally sent me the turbo with the 5 bolt. I complained a LOT to them as the guy who sold it to me kept saying it was a bolt in. That company was NOT easy to deal with. I probably wouldn't buy another turbo from them. Although I love my turbo & it is completely new - not rebuilt.
                  378whp 445wtq

Comment

Yeah, thats generally not a bolt on thing. I would say 99% or more of the time somthing has to be modified. Wether it be a modified stock housing or a custom new 7 bolt housing or whatever. People dont cater to the nissan 7 bolt.

Comment

Ok I was under the car today & took some shots of the turbo. These are kinda blurry as my camera doesn't do well up close. Not sure if this helps.

Physically I can't imagine a larger turbo that fits in the stock location. There is less than 1/2 an inch between my turbo inlet housing & the frame rail. Glad I have Jason's poly engine mounts, aluminum tranny & diff mounts. Engine doesn't rock when reving.

378whp 445wtq

Comment

could just be me, but that looks like a stock nissan z31 housing. It looks pretty small. What size turbo are you running?????

Comment

t3t04e
                          stage 5 wheel
                          .63 ar ( I think - been a while so I'm not sure)
                          ceramic ball bearings
                          378whp 445wtq

Comment

If you have less than 1/2" of room between the rail and compr. housing, then how do people get T66/67's in there? I was gonna get one, but now I want to know for sure. :?
                            1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                            2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

Evil Z31 wrote: If you have less than 1/2" of room between the rail and compr. housing, then how do people get T66/67's in there? I was gonna get one, but now I want to know for sure. :?
                              You got me! But people do relocate their turbos due to larger sizing.
                              378whp 445wtq

Comment

Thats funny, in my opinion a half inch from the rail is a LOT of room and would still leave a bit for upgrading.

Comment

Working...
                                X