The next stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next stage

Hey guys! So now that im dusting the Z off I want to bring it to the next level. This was something i planed on doing years ago but hey, better late then never. So my next power goal is 700rwhp. So what do you guys recommend I do to get me there? I am thinking bigger turbo, fuel injectors and maybe pistons/rods? Below is a list of the relevant upgrades to my car at this point. So what will i need to change to get there?

1.86 300zx turbo engine

2. Schneider “stage 3” cams

3. Ceramic coated T3/T04e turbo (.63 A/R 57trim)

4. Custom FMIT setup (2.5”)

5. HKS SSQ blow off valve

6. Ceramic coated L&P Z31 300ZX VG30 GUTTED INTAKE PLENUM MANIFOLD

7. 60mm Nissan throttle body kit

8. Apexi AVC-R Electronic Boost Controller

9. clutch (ACT 6 PUK)

10. Walbro 255 fuel pump

11. 420 injectors

12. 75 wet shot nos

13. Nistune

14. B&M short thou shifter

15. K&N intake

16. straight 3” ½’ exhaust

17. z32TT MAF

18. Polyurethane bushing kit

19. 1:1 FPR

20. Derale's Rad dual electric fans (4,000 cfm)

21. welded stock rear end.
    352whp @ 24psi 427.1whp @24psi with Nitrous
    Yes I have raced my Z on the Daytona international speed way.
    Yes I did use nitrous.
    Yes I know how cool that is.

Parts list available upon request :twisted:
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD… you know you want to hit it but you’re afraid of the consequences

#1 If you value your legs/feet avoid that ACT 6 puck like the plague. Another Z31p member and my self have had catastrophic failures. I'm assure you that's the tip of the iceberg on our platform. I have personally observed failures in other platforms also.

#2 Set and stay to your budget for the build

#3 What fuel are you planning to use? E85, pump or race. Consider price, availability, advantages & disadvantages along with the requirements to run each.

For starters you'll need to address your fuel system, turbo, & intercooler. That's assuming the factory rotating assembly in the VG can take that abuse. For longevity I recommend building a forged assembly. Here's some good videos to watch that may assist you.
    https://youtu.be/H3XFY0JDq5U?list=PL...VJfYCbKVdxYzWy
    https://youtu.be/beUHflAr7zg?list=PL...VJfYCbKVdxYzWy
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

You can review my build for those power goals.

http://z31performance.com/showthread...o-w-built-VG33

Comment

Also, please post in the correct area of the forum.
        This is not considered Social Lounge Media

Comment

Originally posted by nismo kid View Post
          Avoid that ACT 6 puck like the plague. Another Z31p member and my self have had catastrophic failures.
          Elaborate please.

Comment

I have only heard of the input bearing going bad because of the harsh engagement.

Comment

Well the act6 puck never caused me any issues... and im going to use it until it dies.

Money is always a concern but my budget will be what it needs to be to get the job done, even if i have to buy parts over time. Im hoping to keep it with in 3-6k depending on how much future proofing i want to do for more power down the line.

93 pump gas is what im planning on using.

So after looking over that thread it would seem i on the right track, fuel system upgrade, forged pistons/rods and a bigger turbo.

So any guess on the turbo im going to need?

I would think im going to need 1000cc injectors, thoughts?

What pistons/rods are you guys running you would recommend?
              Yes I did use nitrous.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD… you know you want to hit it but you’re afraid of the consequences

Comment

Originally posted by 88sinZ
                Elaborate please.
                Andrew84zx sheared the hub completely off from the clutch disc itself. I can't recall the exact situation he had, but maybe he'll chime in.

I experienced my failure while exiting the freeway around 55mph. When it failed it sounded like rocks in a tin can. I immediately pulled over to inspect what happened. Visually nothing appeared damaged at the time( I was the shoulder of the frontage road). So I decided to limp the z home. Well z had other plans. When I went to accelerate just heard all types of commotion from the transmission area. It only managed to crawl a few inches. I called AAA to get the z towed home. I yanked the transmission out ASAP. Upon removal I discovered the rivets that secured the pucks failed. 3 pucks came off entirely. The 3 remained attached 2 of them were crooked and had only 1 rivet remaining. A clutch and flywheel later I was back on the road. I'm sure the flywheel may have been salvageable but a light weight unit sounded better to me. And yes the clutch and flywheel were balanced I had roughly 700 miles at the time of failure.
                Originally posted by Racinjitter
                :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
                ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Well thats sucks! I have about 200miles on this one and its been no issue... but like I said.. ill drive it till its no good, I have never had issues with them before.
                  Yes I did use nitrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Nissan_Nick
                    Well thats sucks! I have about 200miles on this one and its been no issue... but like I said.. ill drive it till its no good, I have never had issues with them before.
                    Its still a reputable brand though.
                    Its not like you bought ebay junk.

Comment

I have used them is two of my other Z as well... never a failure.. but then again i have never put more the 450whp through them either. So back on topic... It seem i on the right track, fuel system upgrade, forged pistons/rods and a bigger turbo.

So any guess on the turbo im going to need?

I would think im going to need 1000cc injectors, thoughts?

What pistons/rods are you guys running you would recommend?
                      Yes I did use nitrous.

Comment

If I was you, look at the dyno charts and then look at member's builds.

There are plenty of fine examples on here that has reached that goal.

You just need to search now.

Comment

I'd definitely go with at least 1000cc injectors. Better safe than sorry.
                          2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

Comment

You will have a difficult time achieving 700 HP on pump gas. It will require a large turbo not suited well for a VG30.
                            Do you have E85 available?

Also, assuming the rivets don't let go on the 6 puck I can tell you that pressure plate won't hold the torque you will make. Get a DXD Stage VI.
                            Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                            tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                            545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

ok so 1000cc injectors are on the list, any brands better than others?

Ok ill add a DXD Stage VI clutch to the list as well.

As far as E85 goes there is only one gas station that sells it but my fear is if it closes ill be screwed. I know i can get 103 at a few places. if i go with E85 what would I need to do to my fuel system? Can i have two different tunes (i have nistune) and use 93 and E85?

What Turbo would you recommend?
                              Yes I did use nitrous.

Comment

Working...
                              X