NA Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA Build

I've looked around, and havn't seen any real good results, so I am wondering, has anyone ever built an NA for power? and I don't mean intake exhaust blah blah, but I mean upping the compression, real headwork tuning, bottle fed perhaps, has anyone acually done an NA VG?

all I ever see is people trying to pull power out of the 9.1, and frankly stock comp is just way too low to acually make power out of NA, unless someone has pulled it off.

anyways, your thoughts?
    Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

I know you dont want to hear it but your wasting your time. What kind of power are you looking to make? slap a turbo on your n/a motor and have some fun. You will have a little more power than a stock turbo with the higher compression and all. If your dead set on staying n/a talk to or-zman, hes done alot with his n/a if I remember correctly.
    theres always nitrous too

Comment

I'm actually past stock turbo on my own build, this is purely Q&A

Comment

you can just go buy one

http://www.hekimianracing.com/nissan3lna.html

Don't see the price anymore but I think it was around $5000

not bad for having all the work already done

Comment

actually i just checked with that company and its....

get ready for this one guys....

you ready?

its a whopping $13000 for that motor!!!!

but still, thats a fully built race motor so i guess thats a decent price
          1987 300zx N/A 5 speed 172,XXX miles--K+N intake, 240sx TB, MGP gutted intake plenum, Jacobs Ignition, Jacobs 8.8mm wires, Hotshot Headers, Magnaflow catalytic converter, Borla cat-back exhaust, short throw shifter, and cupholders. Can't fit the rest... 3.6 stroker kit and some cams coming soon!!!!

Comment

Russ is building a badass NA. Chime in Russ, I dont wanna steal your spotlight.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Shit Rob, Im sorry I want paying attention to who was posting that, excuse my brain fart there. too many drugs

Comment

sall good, I wouldn't have it any other way than boosted.

but my curiosity is still valid, I've never really seen a high comp well done Z31 NA build. I dont think I've ever seen an NA dyno over 220whp.

Comment

devitor wrote: actually i just checked with that company and its....

get ready for this one guys....

you ready?

its a whopping $13000 for that motor!!!!

but still, thats a fully built race motor so i guess thats a decent price
                  haha...yea right...uhhh

NO!!!!!!!!!

sorry...13k is not a good price for a 300hp motor...i mean...chevy charges 13k for their 572 big block and that thing puts out over 700...

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
                  Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack...end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Comment

bleakdragonmage wrote:
                    sorry...13k is not a good price for a 300hp motor...i mean...chevy charges 13k for their 572 big block and that thing puts out over 700...
                    300hp/3l 6cyl - 100hp/l - 16,67hp/cyl

695hp/572cid/9.4l 8cyl - 73.93hp/l - 9,24hp/cyl
                    Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
                    Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
                    http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

I say anyone who posts a thread inquiring about making NA VG30 power should get a 2 week board ban.... that's just my opinion though.

:banni
                      1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

wow $13000 for that motor, it better suck me and fuck me for that price.
                        1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
                        Auto to Manual Swap
                        NA2T Complete

Comment

for 13k you can build an entirely badd-ass turbo car .... THE ENTIRE CAR!!!

Comment

OK85ZX wrote: I say anyone who posts a thread inquiring about making NA VG30 power should get a 2 week board ban.... that's just my opinion though.

:banni
                            my point is, has a high comp build been done? I dont see it answered elsewhere, so I made a topic, if it gets answered, rather than spammed, it could easily be a flagship for the many many times people ask about natural aspiration.

anyways, I've got it too bad, if I get banned you'll just get a bunch of hits from the local library...

Comment

there is a guy with an orange 510 that was featured in grassroots motorsport magazine. it had a 3.3L with custom 10.5/1 pistons, rebello vg33 headwork, nissan comp stage 2 cam and a pathy intake. 305hp at the flywheel at 6400rpm. he is accomplishing this with-i think- a less than ideal camshaft and intake, but thats just my opinion. i would rather rev a 3.0 higher to accomplish similar albiet slightly lower hp figures. i e-mailed him and got a lot of info from him. he was very helpful. i'm just too broke right now to do my own engine. I'm hoping for 250hp at the wheels from my imaginary 3.0 na engine. i'll get around to it one of these days. na all the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X