Na2t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Na2t

Just curious if any one has done the NA to turbo with the na (9.1) engine and euro cams. I will be running basically all the stock Nissan turbo parts including stock boost. Would the 9.1 compression with the euro cams cause any detonation issues without an intercooler?

Also what fuel should I expect to have to use with or without cams.

PS. I'm just considering the cams.
    PSS. What would the rough hp be. I'm guessing just slightly more than 200.

Thanks

Nissan doesn't make the Euro cams A.k.a Nismo cams anymore. You could probably send in your cores to a cam shop and have them reground to Euro spec which has the same lift as our cams, but slightly higher intake/exhaust duration.

Euro Z's had 230 HP thanks to the cam and no catalytic converter. With U.S. cams and 9.0:1 compression, you might put out anywhere between 205-210 HP. Turbo Z's can use 87 octane as stated in the owner's manual. If you dial up the boost past 7 psi, you'll want 91+ octane to prevent detonation.

Comment

I think I found a set of euro cams online. I'm thinking it might be a good upgrade for this. And with euro cams I'd still be ok with 87 on stock boost. Also what is stock boost on an 86 5-6psi?

Comment

Stock boost for the T3 equipped cars was 6.8 PSI.

Comment

Working...
        X