No announcement yet.

New boost controller, one question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boost controller, one question....

I just bought a mbc with an air pressure controller too. The only thing is, to hook it all up right, I need a vacuum nipple on my compressor housing. Could any of you guys suggest a way to hook this up without tapping in a vacuum line?
    Thanks,
    Matt

There should be a vacuum line already there, just use it. You should be able to see from underneath the car.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I dont think I've ever seen a boost controller with a "pressure controller" unless that is somthing else and thats what they are calling it.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

besides turbo and wastegate, I can't even decipher his diagram

Comment

G-E wrote: besides turbo and wastegate, I can't even decipher his diagram
          Looks like he's using the air pressure controller to preload the wastegate with some boost pressure before the ball-spring opens to prevent boost spike.

The diagram is a little funky, but the concept seems correct to me. I would tend to want to keep the boost sources from locations with the same pressure (but not the same hose) to keep things constant.

Comment

got it all hooked up....

I just went to napa and got a vacuum nipple and popped a hole in my 90 degree coupler off the turbo outlet. Then I ran the lines as directed and now it holds a solid 16psi, no spikes what so ever. This mbc with an air pressure regulator was off of my buddys stage 5 saab 9-3. It works perfect.

Comment

Working...
            X