No announcement yet.

Ok... Im confusing myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my dad has a z32 TT automatic, and im not looking for anything close to that fast, Id just like to be able to leave a little rubber when I want to.

BTW, on Monday Im going 1.5 hours south to take a look at that donor car

Comment

a non-turbo motor with a retuned ecu and turbo injectors with 100-shot nitrous .... yummy

I hate nox too

Comment

Sp4rt4n wrote: But the main reason I dont want to go turbo is, I dont have to time, money, or the equipment.
        Sp4rt4n wrote:
        *Snip *Snip z32 TT automatic [...] im not looking for anything close to that fast, Id just like to be able to leave a little rubber when I want to.
        If that's all you are looking for then just buy a team green filter and a NOS kit for $200 and be happy. End of discussion.
        http://www.vgpowered.com
        Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

Yeah, for right now im thinking of doing a manual tranny, NOS, exhaust, and a TG filter...

EDIT:

...GRR!!!

I just found an NA to turbo conversion kit being sold by a member on another forum... It comes with everything except the drivers side engine mount bracket, T3 Turbo Oil return Fitting, and Alternator Bracket (and everything, besides dirt, is in great condition).

$425

Should I jump at it?

Could my NA automatic tranny handle it?

So many options... not enough money...

EDIT2:

pic:

'87 ECU + injectors, would they work with an '85?

Comment

Your auto should handle it. Just do what jason did to teehoppas Z

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

To answer your ECU question, yes and NO. With the o2 sensor that is currently pictured, no you cant. If you make dan switch the o2 sensor to the 88-89T style o2 sensor, you'll be fine.

If you want to stick with the automatic, you'll probably be fine as it is the same auto that they put in the turbo cars. Keep in mind though, that you have an N/A and with the 9:1 compression pistons, you wont be making the stock 200chp, but closer to about 230-240chp with a CM exhaust, intake and a decent tune.

For the engine mount bracket, don't bother, its just a small modification with a wheel grinder to make the N/A one fit. I can take some pics of how i made my N/A bracket fit.

Also, don't bother with the oil return fitting, you can get one from any hardware store and drill/tap a hole in your N/A oilpan. That is how i did mine. Once again if you want some pictures of my setup, i'd be happy to share.

edit: Also, I'm not sure what year car you have, but keep in mind that the dual rail injectors WILL NOT fit in the 84-86 lower intake plenum. I have an 88-89 lower plenum if you're interested.

Also, I went and took a few pictures of the T5, the flywheel, and pressure plate if you're still interested in my tranny.
              Attached Files
              Funny stories!

Comment

I would buy that na2t kit and the parts car. That way you have a 5-speed turbo z. That with a boost controller and you have a fun car. But if you really want to lay down rubber then you need an LSD (for donuts).

injectors WILL NOT fit in the 84-86 lower intake
                they will fit the 86 manifold but not 84-85
                Attached Files
                KILL HADJI

Comment

Alex86na2t wrote: I would buy that na2t kit and the parts car. That way you have a 5-speed turbo z. That with a boost controller and you have a fun car. But if you really want to lay down rubber then you need an LSD (for donuts).
                  what parts car are you talking about? I might be willing to split the cost of the parts car depending on what he needs and what I need.
                  Funny stories!

Comment

Actually, I just remembered a guy I work with once in a while has a z31, im not sure of which year, but its a turbo 5 spd. Its got body rot horribly and he was trying to get rid of it as a parts car a couple of months ago, Im gonna see if hes still got it.

It does have a little over 200k miles on it, but its in EXCELLENT shape (besides the rot). Im thinking of pulling the turbo, injectors, etc, plus the tranny + driveshaft (if its not a 2+2) and Ill be set (depending on how much he wants for it). Ill see if hes working today, if not Ill call him and ask him.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sp4rt4n wrote: Actually, I just remembered a guy I work with once in a while has a z31, im not sure of which year, but its a turbo 5 spd. Its got body rot horribly and he was trying to get rid of it as a parts car a couple of months ago, Im gonna see if hes still got it.

It does have a little over 200k miles on it, but its in EXCELLENT shape (besides the rot). Im thinking of pulling the turbo, injectors, etc, plus the tranny + driveshaft (if its not a 2+2) and Ill be set (depending on how much he wants for it). Ill see if hes working today, if not Ill call him and ask him.
                      :twisted: And the obsession begins...
                      http://www.vgpowered.com
                      Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

if its got 200k on it, you're not going to want to hear this but I would SERIOUSLY recommend that you rebuild the turbo and tranny before you put them in. I know its expensive, but so is being without a car becasue your turbo is peeing oil and your transmission is a 3 speed.
                        Funny stories!

Comment

I know

The only problem really is the fact that I dont know if he still has it or not... Well... that and the fact that I might have to rebuild the tranny... 200k miles is a bit much on a manual...

Comment

That and parts options are falling off quick!
                            I'm currently calling the Turbo conversion kit and all the other items I scrubbed up to make it complete....SOLD!(the one you have pictured above)
                            SOLD for $550 plus shipping.
                            (well, if the buyer actually does what he says he will, with regards to the deposit, and commitment to purchase)
                            8)
                            Dan
                            I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                            X