MSA Poly Kit 14-2004 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSA Poly Kit 14-2004 Problem

I had a different problem, I have an 87t front sway which is 24mm but I had to use the 25mm bushing because 24's wouldn't fit at all

My kit did not bring the 25 mm bushing. Did your kit bring them :?:
    1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

OK, so what is missing?

This is a bushing I can make for those thast need it.
      Oh, and please don't expect it next Tuesday

My plate is full.

Comment

pre 4/87 cars featured the 22mm rear sway bars just like the 84-86 cars. just an fyi.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
        1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
        1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
        2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
        2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

The bushings that should have fit on my 84 were too small. I didn't give it much thought and just used the ones that actually fit. (24 and 23mm if memory serves)

mario- damn that sucks. About all you can do is call MSA or have Gary make you the missing pieces if they don't pony them up for you.
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I have a question, would you guys be interested in new replacement sleeves so you don't have to trash new bushings or fuk with the old rusted solid ones.... and if so what would you pay... also would you want inners or outers or ?

someone get me detailed measurements and I can have them lathed, more money for stainless but ?

Comment

G-E wrote: snip ... would you guys be interested in new replacement sleeves ... snip ... what would you pay... also would you want inners or outers or ?
              $ = < 45.00
              Matching the inner ones as they are the only ones that fit the OEM pin.
              size = OD, 0.939" (23.87mm); ID, 0.557" (14.17mm); Length, 2.53" (64.27mm)

Comment

heh i just noticed those exact ones are missing out my poly kit too ( i don't need em since i have 22mm sways) still . the front and rear look fairly similar except for that little lip on the rears . im sure you can butcher them up to make them work/fit .

Comment

I used the 26mm units listed as rear from my NisMo front bar which is the same as 88SS. How about you measure and test-fit the other ones in the kit on the rear? Depending on who I have talked to I have heard both 24mm and 25mm for the rear SS bar.

Comment

rear SS sway bar is for sure 25mm...I forget who I emailed about it, but when I was trying to decide what to do about a rear bar I ended up having someone put a mic on an SS bar for me...25mm...also something else that I know I have been questioned about...the MSA rear bar is in fact exactly 1" or 25.4mm just in case anyone was wondering.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
                    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
                    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
                    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
                    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

Working...
                    X