Toyota Soarer Suspension Transplant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Soarer Suspension Transplant?

Anyone done this? I like the idea of double wishbone suspension for the Z31 race car project together with the bigger brakes and a Torsen diff but it would be interesting to know about any other similar project and how it turned out.

I think s14/s15 rear end is usually the way to go? Multilink, everything adjustable and parts easy to find. Fits with not too much hassle. Why Soarer?
    Straya, +61

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo_021 View Post
      I think s14/s15 rear end is usually the way to go? Multilink, everything adjustable and parts easy to find. Fits with not too much hassle. Why Soarer?
      Cause MurciƩlago multilink is pricy=))
      Z31 JDM my way_google translated

Comment

No real reason not to use the S14/15 setup, I converted a 280ZX which works quite well but of course still has a strut front suspension. Looking at pics only, have not found any measurements, it looks like the Soarer rear would go in OK but the front could be problematical. So if anyone has tried..........

Comment

One front swap that was recently shared on fb
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/5498...4960838184198/

Comment

Thanks kaur, that looks like a Z32 front suspension. Not a good choice in my opinion, I know of someone who seriously raced a Z32 and had to make a lot of suspension changes, the S14/15 option is a better one for both ends.

Comment

I think somewhere in the comments he said it was R32 or R33.

Comment

Too may unknowns for me with the Soarer option. the track width for a start would add complications, think wide body. Going ahead with the stock based Z31 front suspension with a complete home made Bluebird Gp C/E36 type conversion at the rear. Trailing arm with two lateral links, have a headache already.

Comment

Working...
                X