Front and Back tires different sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front and Back tires different sizes

I saw some used wheels for sale the other day i was interested in. the fronts were 17X7 and the backs where 17X8. I am just wondering if this would cause any problems with them being different sizes, or if this is something fairly common?

It keeps you from rotating the tires from front to back or back to front. I don't know of any other issues. I'm running something similar on my car.
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Check out the following link if you haven't already:

http://www.thezenthusiast.com/wheelshow.html

Has the basic info. The links to the different size wheels show tons of different wheels on Z's usually with tire and wheel specs.

Comment

I have 17 x 8 on front and 17 x 10 on the rears.

Silver 86T 3" turbo back Cm exhaust ST Springs / Tokiko Blues
        87-89 turbo front hubs z32 brakes in front Z32 Master Cylinder
        Autometer boost gauge a-pillar pod, autometer oil temp and pressure.
        5zigen FN01R-C FRONT 17x8.5 245/45 REAR 17x10 285/40 rubber Kumho ECSTA ASX
        Turbo XS BC, EGRblocked off, 5% limo tint

Comment

Just make sure the offsets will fit. I haven't run staggered rims on my Z, I have my first car with staggered (2016 Mercedes S550) love the look but as stated will prevent you from rotating. If you are not going to drive it that much this would be a good option, but check the offsets as you don't want it to arrive and then not fit.

Comment

A staggered setup helps keep the backend from breaking loose ... rotating is out ... I 17x8 front 17x9 back ,,, 2x 17x8 for spares ( were rear ) 1987

Comment

Working...
            X