Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash cover

What is the best dash cover to use?

depends.... are you talking about a solid dash guard or a soft dash matt?

Bon

Comment

I was curious how they look and I found a thread here with some photos. You can search for it, I think there were photos of the MSA one. I personally wouldn't be happy with that result. I think the best way would be to find a decent used dash to replace a worn one.

Comment

well, I can tell you from what I have on my cars, that they are both good options. the hard dash cover on my 280 for example, is form-fitted for the stock dash. it covers it completely, and appears to be the real dash, however those enthusiast with a keen Z-eye, will be able to tell if its not. still worth getting if your dash is trashed. the second option and the one I prefer, is the soft dash matt. these guys cover just the top of the dash and you can get them in various colors and material. the best ones that I have seen and the only ones I use, are the velour matts from www.dashdesigns.com. you can get the fuzzy carpet ones too and some other types. run you about 40 bucks and they fit perfect and have the openings for the vents. I got 'em on my 280, my 280xz, and my 300. not going back...

the dash on my Z31 is in perfect shape. not torn or cracked or faded, however I live in a very hot climate (the sun seems to be about 30 feet away anyways) so I have it on there for extra protection, plus it looks nice.

if you want a full dash you can get them. I usually find guys selling them on ebay for around $300.

Bon

Comment

If you're interested in repairing your dash instead of just covering it, there's an awesome guide on this BMW forum here. Looks to be fairly comprehensive, and the end result is actually very nice. I'm thinking about doing something similar on my z31.

Comment

Working...
          X