Floor Mat Hooks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Mat Hooks

Has anyone investigated adding floor mat hooks to their Z31 on the driver's side? I have 2 sets of mats and they both tend to slide up the firewall. I did some searching today and this looks like it could work.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Eagle-Klaw-...N58BWSPZ05302T

There are many carpet grip strips out there, but it's hard to tell if any will work with our carpet without buying a bunch and testing.

I wish I could design a hook that goes on the driver's seat front mounting bolts and holds the mat that way.

Any ideas that I may have not thought about yet?

My plan is to pull them from a junkyard car at the pick-n-pull. Probably pretty easy to find in a newer honda or toyota.
    Should be easy to install, cheap and OEM quality..

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Z_Karma View Post
      My plan is to pull them from a junkyard car at the pick-n-pull. Probably pretty easy to find in a newer honda or toyota.
      Should be easy to install, cheap and OEM quality..
      That's a good point. I should go poke around and see which ones are the easiest to remove and transfer. Then I suppose you can get a cheap grommet tool for the mats.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Never heard of foor mat hooks before.

Comment

May not be oem looking but a hidden bit of safty wire through the matt and around the seat bolt has worked for decades for me.
          Who needs new car's, Nissan had it right 30 years ago!!!

Comment

I did hit up a salvage yard and got a couple of above the bar style ones from Honda Civics. But in getting them home, the floor section that the seats bolt to are smaller than the Honda ones, so it doesn't look like you can effectively bolt them to that raised floor section. I'm going to get ones that go through the carpeting next and see if that style would be a better option.

Comment

Working...
            X