Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger side window jam

Good day yall!

In the process of restoring the Z, somewhat anyway. Now I've been working on this for a day or two now and I'm absolutely stumped. SO what's happening is that when i try to raise the window, it jams up first at like 25% up and then at 75% up. If i help it up (pull the window up a little bit) it starts moving again. I read up on the window scissor thing in the FSM/Haynes already but not luck, so I've been thinking it was the motor on its way out. So I replaced it with another one. But tada same thing. I'm lowkey pissed at it now ahah and I'm out of ideas. I've lubricated like everything with like lithium grease but nope, nothings working. Any ideas?

Much appreciated!

*Yes i searched the forums, i found one post about this kinda thing but the links are down etc.
    Last edited by areebashar.23; 02-17-2018, 03:42 PM.

Try sliding it in the upright rails without the motor attached and feel for any area where it binds up.
    The guide material may be worn or gummed up with something that is making it stick, or just out of alignment.
    Mark the locations of the mounting hardware before you disassemble it so it goes back together in the same position.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Working...
    X