Rear wiper delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper delete?

Haven’t seen many writeups on this and really would like to get rid of that wiper i never use. Any solutions for less than $20? I saw someone on a forum somewhere use a hole plug from Home Depot for just a few cents which I wasn’t able to find.

duct tape....
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolvinm View Post
      duct tape....
      That sounds terrible haha but I could be wrong wouldn’t mind seeing how it looks atleast

Comment

There used to bit a kit for the Z31 which was a stainless steel plug.

Comment

LOL. I was joking on the duct tape. I guess it depends on what you are after. If you don't mind the look, I'm sure you could find a rubber part to close the hole-- Those are used in the floor pans of multiple cars to fill various holes. For a clean look, however, you'll want to fill in the hole with metal (weld) then paint. Similar to how door handles are shaved.
          --------------
          Legal stuff:
          **Nissan Employee**
          Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
          '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
          '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
          '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
          '00 Corolla-- kids car.
          '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

I got a billet plug from ZPEC off of Amazon. I think it was about 20$. Definitely meant for the Z32 (description just said 300ZX). Much grinding later I got it to fit (to big to fit in the hole left by the wiper motor, and to big to drop into the factory 86 spoiler). Doesn't look to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolvinm View Post
              LOL. I was joking on the duct tape. I guess it depends on what you are after. If you don't mind the look, I'm sure you could find a rubber part to close the hole-- Those are used in the floor pans of multiple cars to fill various holes. For a clean look, however, you'll want to fill in the hole with metal (weld) then paint. Similar to how door handles are shaved.
              That was funny actually I will give you that. You sir, are on to something with the floor pan plugs def will give that a shot

Comment

I knew they had them. They were made by Project Daily. I don't know if they still make them or how to get in touch with them.

https://forums.nicoclub.com/300zx-z3...e-t610254.html
                Last edited by jdmlegends; 02-02-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X