Z32 TT transmission swap with bellhousing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 TT transmission swap with bellhousing

I purchased a TT trans 1994 spec and has about 60k on the trans. I am swapping the transmission into my z31. I know there is a forum already explaining the process but I want to retain my bellhousing from the Z32 TT. I already have a z32/z31 hybrid flywheel from AASCO Motorsports. Iím using the 240mm sized flywheel with the ring gear from a TT flywheel which has a 250mm originally. Can anyone please tell me if I will have an issue bolting on the z32 TT starter? will I have to shave any part of the bellhousing? The reason why Iím trying to retain the TT bellhousing is because a pathfinder bellhousing or a z31 30a bellhousing was harder to find. Any insight on the situation will be greatly appreciated.

The diameter is not an issue. The TT flywheel is thicker and that's why people clearance. Since you already have a TT trans. It won't be an issue. The diameter spec refers to the clutch surface area and not the ring gear.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Comment

Oh ok. So the TT starter should work with my combination as well. Would u happen to know if any type of shimming of the transmission or hammering of the tunnel would be necessary?
      Last edited by ArmyZ31; 04-27-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Did you ever get this figured out?
        "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Comment

I don't think the TT starter fits without massaging the chassis.
          Originally posted by Andrew84zx
          tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
          545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Iíve been away for a minute but when I get back home later in Late July and August I will post pics of the swap. Iíll be as detailed as possible. As long as the starter will mount up fine I should be ok but if it requires ďmassagingĒ thatís going to be something I need to address.

Comment

I'm using a z32 NA transmission, bellhousing, and starter. I had to slightly massage the trans tunnel to get the starter to bolt in. Not much though. I didn't shim the starter and am using a maxima flywheel. Every 20th start or so it misses the flywheel and makes an awful noise.
              Look at ma car!!
              Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Comment

Working...
              X