Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can some one tell me where and to what this wire connects to!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can some one tell me where and to what this wire connects to!?

I found this wire after i took apart my intake plenum and put it back on. I have no idea where it goes and it appears to be broken off somewhere. i just want to know where it would connect. I have taken out the cruise control, but i really don't think it connected to the CC. (this is on the passenger side wiring harness.) (this is a 1985 n/a)

It attaches to the the FPR temp sensor. Looks like the tab might have broken off inside it. In which case you either need to get another sensor
    from the junkyard, or a new FPR. The sensor is not sold separately as a new part.
    1234.jpg

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

You don't necessarily have to replace anything, there's a simple fix I used. I got a short piece of wire that had a similar tab terminal that fit in the plug. I then soldered the other end of the wire to the temp sensor where the terminal had broken off. That way you can just connect the plug on that terminal. This works as long as there's still some surface to solder on and you can pry out the broken tab from the plug.

Comment

thanks guys so much! I'm going to see about repairing it like KAUR said. or ill see if i can find one online or at a junk yard. Would this sensor broken cause any major problems if i started it? is it that important?

Comment

It's not really that important, but probably still good to have. You can drive without it. Fuel temperature doesn't change that much in general.

Comment

dunno about that mine ran like crap when that sender was disconnected.
            Life's short
            Go fast
            Have a blast
            Leave a good looking corpse

Comment

Aw man that was like one of the first things that broke on me! lol Well the wire ripped right on the end of it On the search too

Comment

Working...
              X