Radio 8 PIN DIN diagram help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio 8 PIN DIN diagram help needed

87 turbo GLL, upgrading the amp/speakers and found the factory speaker signal cable to the external amp is an 8 pin DIN cable. Most all equipment takes RCA inputs, so I am trying to find a diagram for the 8 pin DIN radio to under seat amp. Trying to keep the stock tape deck (for now). Anyone know the pin out for that plug? Pic is what mine looks like at the amp, not a direct pic.

alternatively if someone has the 8 pin DIN to RCA adapter info, I would be most grateful.

The only thing i have is the 5pin DIN pinout for the Hitachi CSK-7101ZG (no equalizer)
    CSK-7101ZK 5pin DIN pinout.jpg

This is from the stereo side. The earlier Z31 amp/stereo combo used chassis ground for the negative.

If you compare that to this aux amp image for a 2002 Altima (that i found online)
    Aux_input_diagram.jpg

It might be possible that your audio signals are on the same as the altima (atleast the positive outputs match)
    You should be able to test this by connecting a scrap headphone speaker to those pins (4&6 or 5&7) and listen
    for sound from the headunit.

A loud pop followed by smoke means that's not it and you shorted 12V across the voice coil, which is why you use a scrap speaker.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Working...
    X