Fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump

85 300 zx non turbo will removing the aluminum sheet cover allow access to fuel pump? I hate dropping tanks and have Interior apart was checking for relay trouble. My father had dropped the tank and used my stock 98 ls1 camaro fuel pump when the original fuel.pump went bad but its been 4 years. And is it just a 12 volt relay feed I on noticed a resistance wire teed off the ground wire separate of on the relay. Car only makes 5-10-15 psi

Where's cheapest place for lifetime or good replacement fuel pump. Thanks

Comment

I installed a walbro 255 in my 84 turbo and I had to drop the tank to get to the fuel pump. Another option is to cut away some of the metal in the interior above the fuel tank

Comment

Is it just a 12v power supply and ground. Where's the cheapest walbro. Stock pump is 100$ I think. Two eBay immitation pumps went out In a week on.my dads ls1/camaro before buying an autozone pump. I know that much having had internet and such. Thanks anyway reg could be bad ? Was 30-35 and 38 vac unpluged drove it baxk home to my house ran fine. After that Had issues going to liqour store. unpluggesd tps and ran fine up to convenient store but only for a short time. and.my chts reads open circuit or zero isn't it suppose to Read 2.3 kohm. Use to have to.hold it floored and car would start after 15 seconds. And rumn fine after warming up 2-3 years ago. can I just put a resistor 500ohm.on plug side at all times to read 150-175 degree or do I need it to be 2.3kohm range. Just wondering thanks

Comment

You can get a walbro for around $80-$100. If you're doing your fuel pump I would recommend wiring it through a relay to the battery so it gets constant, consistent power

Comment

You know I seen the black ground and blue white red mark power wire. Its a three wire harness . do you know why under the silver cover and the fuel harness rear plug there s a resistance silver wire. Do you happen to know its purpose or where it leads to. The silver cover just has a black group.d wire under it at the relay wire. I only ask because all my stock ls1 pump needed was 12v power amd ground. My racetronix 255 kit had came with a 14v relay and pumpbut that was a 500-550 6-9psi cammed stock 98 camaro with injector.duty cycle at 120%./ cheap 36-42lbs.stock pump may have been overworked before I swapped. I am on a budget with this stock 300 zx. I'll measure this weekend with ohm meter to make sure it gets 12volta. Any less will drop pressure. I'm not sure why they have separate resistance wire.

Comment

I do just need lifetime stock replacement. I'm currently at electronic warfare.I'll check to make sure it has enough juice tho before returning

Comment

Originally posted by Justwayne View Post
                You know I seen the black ground and blue white red mark power wire. Its a three wire harness . do you know why under the silver cover and the fuel harness rear plug there s a resistance silver wire. Do you happen to know its purpose or where it leads to. The silver cover just has a black group.d wire under it at the relay wire. I only ask because all my stock ls1 pump needed was 12v power amd ground. My racetronix 255 kit had came with a 14v relay and pumpbut that was a 500-550 6-9psi cammed stock 98 camaro with injector.duty cycle at 120%./ cheap 36-42lbs.stock pump may have been overworked before I swapped. I am on a budget with this stock 300 zx. I'll measure this weekend with ohm meter to make sure it gets 12volta. Any less will drop pressure. I'm not sure why they have separate resistance wire.
                I think I used the blue/white wire and black wire to trigger the relay. I don't remember exactly because it's been so long but there are write-ups on how to do it with pictures

Comment

Thanks I'll mess with it this weekend to see if it gets 12volts at harness. Need my father off to cycle key. Thanks for your help

Comment

Thanks i tested with ohm and does read 12-13v across blue power black ground when key is cycled every time. I need lifetime and spectre pumps are 130$ from summit or Walmart. Local autoparts wants 200+$. It does say limited lifetime manufacture warranty. Thanks for your help. They're ain't shit under that aluminum cover its pointless. I'll probably drop tank in couple months and replace it. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X