86 na to turbo swap alternator wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 na to turbo swap alternator wiring

I swapped both engine bay harnesses from the turbo to my na chassis. The alternator harnesses under the dash are now different. The turbo engine harness has the white and yellow wire in the same connector on the passenger side. The NA under dash harness has the yellow by itself on the passenger side and the white by itself on the driver's side. Should I just extend the white wire over to the passenger side and be done with it, or is there a better solution? Sorry for the stupid question, but I just don't want to mess up. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to modify anything since I swapped over both harnesses but.....

Anyone who has done the vg30et swap- what did you do to wire the alternator?

Comment

When I turbo'd my 84, I just used the turbo alternator sub harness from the two connectors on the driver side over to the new alternator location on the passenger side . 4 wires in total, 2 white, 1 black, 1 BR/w. I did not change any of the harnesses, Just added the extension.

Comment

• albionwanderer86
        albionwanderer86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did the same thing on my '85 2+2... I just extended the wires and ran them along to the passenger side.
    Working...
    X