NA2T Detonation Knock Sensor Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA2T Detonation Knock Sensor Location

Hey y’all so here’s the run down I have an 86 NA engine that I am slapping all the turbo components on and putting in a 85 Turbo chassis which is where most of the turbo parts are from. I have the engine out with 80% of turbo stuff on and need to install knock sensor. I read elsewhere it says stock Location is on passenger block below cyl #1 and I found the suspected spot and removed the bolt come to find out Haynes states that is a “coolant draincock” but the picture representation they use is an NA. Is that the actual spot, on the coolant channel?
    Attached Files

https://youtu.be/RoI5PIj6CY0?t=376
    shows location of knock sensor How To Remove A 1984-1989 300ZX Engine (VG30ET)

Comment

The approximate location is also shown in the FSM.

2011-03-30_215930_87_300z_detonation_sensor.jpg

Comment

Okay thanks y’all. What’s funny is I have seen that video before didn’t notice he was talking about the knock sensor.

Comment

What seems to be the right location on my block is wayyyy to small to accept the knock sensor I have. The one I have is from an 88 I wonder if that makes a difference. I did find a non-water channel hole to put it in though, does anyone thing this would not function properly in this location?
          Attached Files

Comment

Haha after further review of the video I find that my new location is in fact the correct location. Thanks for the help y’all

Comment

Working...
            X