No letters or clock on climate control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No letters or clock on climate control

After wiring a new head unit and amp, nothing seems to be showing up on neither the head unit or digital climate control panel except for the backglow and I’m stumped. For a couple short brief moments, I did see the clock on the head unit but it went away. To avoid shorting anything out I used a metra harness adapter for dimming functionality. However, I figure this is probably not necessary as the head unit I am using does not come with a dimmer function anyway rather is lit up by the power wire itself. I would like to get some extra thoughts on this before I go splicing my stock harness and wiring my head unit directly.

This is the adapter I used:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002BEX0A...p_mob_ap_share

Have you checked your fuses?
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Fuses are good, and nice and snug. I should also note that I tried just plugging in the climate control unit alone and still have just the orange backglow, even after unplugging the metra harness completely from the stock one. Now this is really boggling me as I haven’t fiddled with or spliced any stock harnesses or anything

Comment

I’ve also noticed now my electric mirrors aren’t working along with some of the interior lights.

Comment

there is no ground wire in the factory harness. where did you ground the radio?

Comment

• sagekh
            sagekh commented
            Editing a comment
            I grounded it to the support bar under the dash. I should also note again that the head unit also has a backglow but no clock or letters.

Can you post a picture of what wires you connected where?

​​​​​​There should only be 3 or 4 wires connected in the radio area.

Comment

Working...
          X