Headlight issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight issue

I recently purchased an 85 300zx. I'm new to the world of Z's (I've always worked on classic Fords or American Muscle). I'm slowly going through it and learning and have come across a headlight issue. I've searched through the forums but can't find my specific issue. My headlights stay up and work. When I turn on the "wheel" on the back of the motor, I can make several turns before the lights will lower and then come right back up. This is the same on both sides. Do I need to make adjustments on the rod for the lights?

I'm not sure I understand your issue. Are the headlights staying up all the time and won't go down?
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Yes, they stay up all the time. I can turn the knob on the back of the motor a few turns and they will go down but they pop right back up.

Comment

There's a switch on the dash just above the headlight switch (middle slot on the trio). Have you tried cycling that switch? If both headlights are doing it, I'm going to guess either that switch is active (on) or shorted.
        --------------
        Legal stuff:
        **Nissan Employee**
        Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
        '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
        '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
        '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
        '00 Corolla-- kids car.
        '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Thank you! I sprayed a little electrical cleaner around the switch and then cycled it a few times. The headlights began to work.

Comment

• jy1235689
            jy1235689 commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad it was a simple fix
        Working...
        X