New Distributer Replacements - comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Distributer Replacements - comments

Has anyone have comments on distributor replacements ? compared to the nissan oem Hitachi Type

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...209530&jsn=826

Spectra Premium all new Distributors deliver powerful consistent OE spark for maximum combustion efficiency, accurate timing, and rock solid high-rpm performance.

Benefits Include:
    • Includes NEW OE style cap and NEW rotor
    • 100% endurance & life cycle tested to ensure they meet OEM specifications for fit, form and performance.

Last edited by dbruce; 11-28-2020, 03:03 PM.

I have always opted for OEM on this component, I don't see an upside unless you see a big savings seems like the OEM is still available brand new so I would stick with original OEM

Comment

Personally I've never had good luck using aftermarket cap and rotor kits on my 84T.
      The other critical component being the CAS, and again, I use the newer oem CAS
      from the VG33, granted they are used from J-yard cars, but I'd still will usually trust used OEM over budget aftermarket.

So i wonder if they are selling a rebuilt OEM core with aftermarket components. The price is tempting, not so much if you had to go oem on the cap and rotor because of misfires.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

AS far as I know these have no remanned parts in these, .they are all new ... rockauto has the best price 117 ...
        Mainly I'm looking at my 85 with over 220K miles and thinking getting a new dist might be a good idea

You can use an oem cap/rotor on it just like the oem dist

It comes with a new cas plus the new bearings and the new gear itself ... the remanned oem dists are about $260 plus core charge compared with 120 for the spectre ... Also I'm thinking just having a spare around might be a good idea ( having 2 z31's)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dist-Sp...4383.l4275.c10
        Last edited by dbruce; 12-03-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X