Need alternator solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need alternator solutions

I know there has been several threads on this subject, but I cannot seem to find it. My 86NA2t with power audio amp now has developed electrical problems.

Put a cheap rebuilt alternator on it a few months ago. Amp gauge started to first show no chargeing, then it would go to 14-15 amps then peg all the way to 20 amps. Now it seems I have fried something, for I man not getting spark.

Where do I find alternator up grades. I know the Maxima is the 90 amp soulution, but where do I find the information?

Please, I have earned my dues, but it is hard to cover all the bases by yourself. So if you can just steer me to the place for this information, I would really appreciate.

If it ain't the flys, it the fleas with this damn car and the conversion that I have been doing for TWO YEARS!! Enjoyed it for about 35 miles and now electrical problems. AAA hates me.

I have to address this electrical problem. It fried some wires in the fuseaable link, but I thought I had rectified that. Seems to still be ok, but after driving it for about 35-40 miles, the amp gauge pegged to 20 amps and then after I shut it off, I do not hear the fuel pump come on or the electric fan come on when I turn on the key. I have the electric fan wired to the ignition switch that comes on when I turn the car on.

Thank you for your kind reply. My conversion is a 86NA to 87 turbo. I will most likely retain the v belt, but it looks somewhat complicated because the hole has to be redrilled.

I have not yet diagnosed the reason the car will turn over but not start now. Something is fried and it must start at the ignition switch, for I was using that to power my electric fan. Now not power to the fan.

Man, I am almost there, but no cigar yet.

Comment

never power high amperage devices directly using factory switch wires. always use those wires to power a relay if you can, and then run your power off the relay.

Comment

Working...
      X