Weather stripping, NEED YOUR HELP!, send your spare parts in

Re: Getting sick of wet seat or front floor area? Weather strip

group buy? i'm definately in…

OK85ZX wrote: Agreed on the group buy, I'd be in maybe even for two!
    Anything on this?
    Any confirmation of the parts/prices?

Rod

this is a good thing for may.... I have some stuff to repair and it's going to require ripping mine off… I know it's not going to come clean

I postponed my purchase in hopes that we can get this GB together. will post up once I get final pricing for x amount of purchases. :-D
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Chris86NA2T wrote: holy shit.. you have to be kidding.. i can have fresh, brand new t-top to body seals for only 260 bucks!! is this a special price for you, or is this the standard retail price? im veryhappy about this.. thankyou..
    I will be finding out pricing shortly on a GB. I bet it will drop if we can get 10 buyers
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i

I'm interested! May for sure. Spread the word so we can get them cheap!
    "produce first.talk second."

I'm in too! I am in desperate need for some body to t-top seals. Not desperate enough to pay $500+ though. :-D

Not to be negative, but has anything been asked about fitment? If fitment is guaranteed I will be in. My price on OE stuff it a little higher that I thought, compared to these prices.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Racinjitter wrote: Not to be negative, but has anything been asked about fitment? If fitment is guaranteed I will be in. My price on OE stuff it a little higher that I thought, compared to these prices.
    Same thoughts here too.. Few of my friends have buy S30 body aftermaket seals and the fitment has not been perfect.
    Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
    Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
    http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

i'm in for a group buy. but i would like a confirmation first that they fit on any 300ZX 84-89

in for a group buy if it goes down, keep us updated! leaks are breaking my heart =]

Ok, here is an update, after waiting for weeks for the weatherstrip.

Company:
    Sorry, we are unable to locate the parts you requested.

NIVO:
    Is there a way we can get in contact with the weatherstrip/seal manufacturers? So we can have some made. I think it is outrageous pricing at the dealer.
    Since I posted the pricing on several forums saying your company carries these at the prices given to me the guys are going crazy wanting to know quality etc..

I am not sure why I was given prices if the parts can't be located. Is there a shop owner i can speak with to see if we can have some made and distributed by your company?

Company:
    These prices were quoted to us by Nissan, we know of no after market company making them.
    We recommend contacting your local Nissan Dealer.

As a refresher here is the original, in writing, the pricing.:

Sorry, email problems all morning.
    Here are the prices you equested.
    Main T-Top weatherstrip RH $130
    Main T-Top weatherstrip LH $130
    T-Top panel weatherstrip above door glass RH $74.25
    T-Top panel weatherstrip above door glass LH $74.25

Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm Eastern Time
    with any questions or to place your order.

We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.

Thank You,
    Customer Service

Now what I have done is went directly to the manufacturer Metro Moulded Parts Inc which work with Car clubs to make reproductions of existing rubber seals etc.

I showed them the target price we are looking for, they make exact replicas.

They also support car shows and events with goody bags etc… So if they take on this venture we need to show them there is a demand for this item. Also, once I speak the the new products manager on the phone I will ask for items like their banners etc so we can display at events. I would most likely set it up as free advertisement for them. Kind of like "you listen to us, we spread your name".

The key here is demand! and people who are serious about restoration and sick of leaks.

I should be putting the call in next week. I will get back to this post then.
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i

Latest update!

Hello Nivo,

You may receive more than one response to your request because I have not had the opportunity to meet with Mike Hinshaw about this yet.

These cars have and always will be incredible and I would like to take a serious look at doing these. I might be asking alot but could you send us a used set of these to review? If so please send these to either Mike H attention or to me so we can get a close look at these.

Thank you for your interest in Metro Moulded Parts Inc. Supersoft Weatherstripping!

We look forward to hear back from you soon.

Best Regards,

Joseph Frascella
    Metro Moulded Parts Inc.

So directly to the manufacturer I went! and here is a brief answer to our problem. Now does anyone have the following from a spare parts car (Please do not PM me and ask me to buy them from you, help the Z31 community and donate for the cause):

2 Seater RH and LH weatherstrip
    4 Seater RH and LH weatherstrip

They are looking for these pieces to duplicate and possibly improve on. If you have these parts, please ship to the following address, make sure to let everyone know you have done so and let the company know the make, year, model and if it is a 2 seater or 4 seater. Remember help out the community to get another hard to find part at a reasonable cost!

Metro Moulded Parts, Inc.
    11610 Jay Street NW
    P.O. Box 48130
    Minneapolis, MN 55448
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i

We almost got cut off!

Nivo,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, due to low demand and make/model considerations this is a vehicle that we probably will not develop parts for anytime soon. However, I will log your request in our master request database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in Metro Moulded Parts and good luck with your efforts.

Best regards,

Mike Hinshaw
    New Product Development Manager
    11610 Jay Street, P.O. Box 48130
    Minneapolis, MN 55448
    Direct Phone: (763) 231-7836
    FAX: (763) 757-7228
    E-mail: mikeh@metrommp.com

Then I said the following:

I had guys interested on the forums. Joe had us a little excited there in his last email so I went ahead and posted your company's info.
    And now I don't know where to go for these. Also there is low demand because guys have almost given up looking for them since no one makes them at a reasonable price, Once I mentioned some where available for $130 they were flocking to a vendor who couldn't deliver the goods. The ones available do not fit well at all. I have been trying to find more manufacturers with no luck.

and now his answer has changed!:

Please send us good condition examples of the parts
    in question and we will review them. Once we have had a chance to do that, we will decide how to proceed from there. Thanks again for your interest in Metro Moulded Parts, Inc.

Best regards,

Mike Hinshaw
    New Product Development Manager
    11610 Jay Street, P.O. Box 48130
    Minneapolis, MN 55448
    Direct Phone: (763) 231-7836
    FAX: (763) 757-7228
    E-mail: mikeh@metrommp.com

So If anyone can help out and really show them there is a demand this is the time! all rubber and any rubber in good condition that you may have would be great!
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i

Today was an OK day for junkyard hopping.

I was able to get a set of 2+2 t-top seals. Unfortunately, the only 2 seater was a Slicktop.