Slight Hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight Hesitation

This is an issue that has been nipping at me. If I give the throttle a good pump, my engine will hesitate less than a second before revving up. Its very short lived but its certainly there. If I slowly get on the throttle, everything is normal, so it only occurs when I pump it. I checked my codes and got 21 (Coil wtf?) and when I rechecked them, I got a 44 code. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well... God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news... so that's a plus.

This has been an on-going problem with Z31's from MY EXPERIENCE.

My Z31 did this, my friends did, and my other friends did.

I personally came to the conclusion that its because of the stock AFM Placement. I think that because it has to draw air through the charge pipe and through the compressor housing as well as against a ALMOST stalled compressor wheel causes the "delay".

BUT I also think im IN-correct because my friends VG34 Z31 does not do this, it is INSTANT throttle response without that hesistation you speak of!

Now when I got my intercooler, this hesitation got even worse!
    I went from 1-2 feet of plumbing before the throttle body to over 5-8 feet (Intercooler piping) of piping!
    My Hesitation got about 50% worse.

I then upgraded to Z32 AFM and placed it 1 FOOT before the throttle body and the throttle response got 10x better BUT that "hesitation" is still there...

Heres the kicker.
    The ONLY things my car has to run is:
    Fuel temp sensor.
    MAF (AFM)
    CHTS
    Crank Angle Sensor
    TPS

THATS IT.

Sooo... I guess its a programming issue going against the Nissan engineers rather than a Vehicle issue...
    Then again maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in :baton
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

it seems to be a problem with alot of cars. my Zs do it my jeep does it friends 96 ranger does it etc. etc. etc probably does have to do with the maf.

Comment

Look for vacuum leaks.
        It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Working...
        X