Passenger side turbo header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger side turbo header

Anyone know where to find one? I keep seeing folks talk about. Satan. Not sure who that it? Is he still around? Id like to relocate and keep the a/c. Its hot in Houston lol

Satan is/was (not sure anymore) a z31 owner, forum member and fabricator of sorts who made custom parts under the "Diabolic Z" moniker.
    His log manifolds were distributed through asco for awhile, but they are no longer made. Image search for "z31 log manifold"
    z31online offers a relocation pipe, but it requires a A/C delete.
    You could ask on the facebook groups if anyone has another option or a log manifold for sale.

Last edited by Z_Karma; 05-09-2017, 02:36 PM. Reason: #$%!! oxford comma

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Thanks for the info z karma. I kind of figured he wasnt doing it anymore. Thought id ask tho because you never know. I think im just going to have someone make me a nice manifold or possibly alter the relocation pipe to clear ac compressor. Ill figure it out lol. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Why do you want to relocate the turbo?
        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Easier access. Bigger turbo and cant get rid of the air conditioner. Wife would shoot me being pregnant lol

Comment

Found this for 1500!

http://www.neuefab.com/product/z31-t...ion-manifolds/

Comment

i saw that one too. was trying be be a cheapo though lol.

Comment

i believe you still have to remove the ac for that kit too tho

Comment

You can fit a turbo big enough to make 900HP in the stock location which of course retains the AC. Are you trying to even bigger than that?
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

. Just want the accessibility. And that "cool" factor.im starting to think i may just use that factory location. Noone around my areas that ive found makes custom headers either

Comment

The accessibility with the relocated turbo is sweet, but much like the Maxima intake, if I had a do-over I probably wouldn't bother with either.

Comment

i was looking into the maxima intake swap last night also. is it not really worth the effort for the small amount of power?

Comment

There's no proven power gains. It just gives you more sensible pipe routing, especially for big pipes, if you have an intercooler and/or a relocated turbo. But it's only "bolt on" in the sense that it bolts directly to the LIM, lol. You need to relocate a bunch of things and clearance a bunch more and come up with a couple of custom solutions for stuff. It does make some things easier to get at but compared to getting it to work in the first place, not worthwhile lol. Unless you really specifically want shorter intercooler piping, no, it's not worth it. I'm keeping mine that way because it's done, but like I said, wouldn't do it again.

Comment

Well damn. You just killed my motivation lol. Looks like im not going to swap now. I am going to relocate the turbo to where the ac compressor is. I hate to do it but i dont like foolin with it in the factory location.

Comment

OK, just be aware that relocating the turbo isn't just slapping on the new manifold, the intake piping takes some work, especially if you are going to have an intercooler, and you will have to come up with that on your own. Like most things in z31 land less people have made this work than you would think from just looking on the internet... remember a pic on the internet may not be of a running car lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X