No spark no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark no start

I’ve torn apart my z and searched the forums as well as talked to many of my friends for the past 2 weeks about this but basically I’m not getting any spark once so ever all the way to the coil I’ve tested, i have a 1987 300zx na m/t and i swapped a 1985 300zx turbo a/t in and i deleted everything that wasn’t necessary (ac, power steering, all vacuum lines/pumps, aiv aic selinods, icv, egr) when i pulled my engine everything worked fine, now that i have my 85 motor in i hook everything up and i have the started terminals on backwards or something to the point where it wouldn’t start. I fixed this i try to start it with my 85 distributor and 87 coil and power transition all working. Still no spark injectors not firing either, so buy new ecu check fuses and still nothing, I’m thinking i fried my harness when the starter terminals were on backwards, but i wanted to see what you guys thought, i had no continuity On the CAS pins when 8 and 17 pins in ecu were looped together, i really just want my car to run again it’s been 7 months now and I’m not sure what to do anymore. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Did you visually inspect the fusible links or test them with a continuity tester? Also did you check all the fuses on the driver side?
    Jeff
    71 240z

80 280zx 10th Anniversary

88 300zx Turbo, 89 300zx Turbo

Datsun Jeff

Comment

• dbruce
      dbruce commented
      Editing a comment
      yes links and ign fuse ... Also check that you can get codes from the ecu ...

Originally posted by JSM View Post
    Did you visually inspect the fusible links or test them with a continuity tester? Also did you check all the fuses on the driver side?
    I visually checked the fuseable links on pass side, replaced anything anything that had to do with ignition on drive side fuses and even checked all the relays about the fuses on driver side, even took out my dash to follow the wires to see if any of them broke and still nothing, after jumping the ecu pins And not getting continuity I’m convinced it’s the wiring harness or at least that’s all i can think since I’ve replaced pretty much everything else

Comment

You should check them with a tester. I’ve seen them look fine and test bad. This is on a 280zx but just bumping causes it to fowl.

Those links prevent everything from getting power.

https://youtu.be/_0ESALmKebs

Also there are a couple main EFI relays behind the black cover on the fender frame rail behind right by the fusible link box.
      Last edited by JSM; 07-05-2018, 06:43 PM.
      Jeff
      71 240z

80 280zx 10th Anniversary

88 300zx Turbo, 89 300zx Turbo

Datsun Jeff

Comment

• Dunkine
        Dunkine commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool vid on links.
    Working...
    X