No announcement yet.

Starter Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get used to handing a mechanic money if you aren't able to do the necessary repairs/upgrades yourself.
    Being in the business myself, I'm sure this mechanic has other jobs he is currently flipping his time between to make ends meet, hence why things seem to take so long to get accomplished.

*No front spring seats...typically there will be a metal on metal noise when extreme compression of the suspension occurs and turning.(such as entering a steep entrance way at an angle and turning) A common tuner trick is to slip a section of hose over the first two coils in the spring to isolate this noise and to make up for the lack of a oem rubber insert. This works fine until the hose eventually wears through.

**Lastly, this mechanic should be discounting you provided you are using the information we are providing you with properly. We/You are saving this dude tons of time and money. Haha.
    8)
    Dan
    I am here to help...

Comment

**Lastly, this mechanic should be discounting you provided you are using the information we are providing you with properly. We/You are saving this dude tons of time and money. Haha.
      unless the mech sees he's the chump he is and dings him full rates anyway...

today I helped my mechanic by doing most of a full tune-up on a caravan while he was fighting with something like a spark plug.... I got him to torch some broken studs out from the na manifold and I get other little jobs like this free for a bit of my reciprocation

he still gave me $20 and bought lunch though heh

Comment

F* that, the Z is getting out of his hands asap, im not paying him another dime he can kiss my ass. im taking classes at a local comm. college for automotive so i can use their lifts and tools and do it there.

Comment

Working...
        X