Injector Connector Mixup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Connector Mixup

Ok, so I have just got the 84T engine into my 87 and started hooking everything back up to it. However when I got to the injectors, I realized that I had forgot to label them when I pulled them off. The injector connectors all have one red and one green wire connecting them. How do I figure out which injector connector goes onto which injector?

Thanks,
    -Mike
    "produce first.talk second."

The length of the wire leads will give you some indication, but they are batch firing anyway, so as long as you have them plugged in and firing you're "OK".

Comment

I went to the bottom (or is it top for you guys?) ECU connector and used a multimeter to test resistance through each injector terminal on the harness. I started with the #1 terminal and looked for resistance from the #1 injector plug.

This is probably easier on the L-series because the ECU is on the driver's side.

Like Jason says, the computer doesn't really care, it's just that I do. :wink:
      Attached Files
      1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
      '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
      "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

Hey thanks alot guys.

I was wondering about that batch firing thing but I thought I would ask

anyways, because it says to label them in my Haynes manual.
        "produce first.talk second."

Comment

The Haynes manual often tells you to do things that you don't really need to do.

I don't know that a real Nissan factory service manual is worth the cost, but it's something to consider.
          1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
          '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues

Comment

Free sounds good to me. carfiche.com

Comment

Well, that is the best way to go!

I have a 1976 FSM and a 1982 FSM and both of them are...um..."borrowed" from a friend.
              1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo

Comment

Working...
              X