1987 300 zx 2+2 Strut Mount Insulator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 300 zx 2+2 Strut Mount Insulator question

I have a question on the front mount insulators. I need to replace them as a set. I am looking at the KYB $35 each, or the Moog $65 each. Both are made in India. Any thoughts? Same factory Night Shift, Day shift? (pun intended here). Or is the KYB so much less than the Moogs. OEM Nissan no longer available. Thanks.

Does the Moog come with the bearing?

Rockauto only shows KYB for the adjustable suspension, but their Moog mount does have the bearing included.
    Captursse.JPG
    Last edited by Z_Karma; 03-27-2018, 03:36 PM.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

• Dunkine
      Dunkine commented
      Editing a comment
      You missed the except on the KYB

I did KYB's on my 87 300zx and they were decent quality and the price was right.

Moog might use better bearings. I've never been disappointed with anything from Moog.

I found this, Parts Geek lists two KYBs One says OEM. Is that right? Yea, no bearing, but mine are almost new. Will reuse. Any thoughts on that? Was or is KYB OEM?

Comment

What's almost new

If they are truly almost new, I would reuse them, especially if you are doing the work yourself.

If you are paying someone else to do the work, then you might want to pay the extra $20 for a pair to replace them.

https://z31performance.com/forum/soc...762#post536762

Comment

Thank you for the words of wisdom. Almost new means 3000 miles ago. And I will take a second look.

Comment

Working...
        X